Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please try this!
RE: Please try this!
(11-27-2016, 12:07 PM)Roundy72 Wrote: I've NEVER seen 0 events per hour until two weeks ago. and i look at the report every time i wake up. that means nothing?

It depends on who you ask. If you ask me, the answer is yes, it means nothing.

AHI is a statistic. Imagine looking at the graph of the rate at which air travels down the hose. It will go up and down with each breath. Now establish an average of the maximum values (the peaks). Next determine how many times (on the average, per hour) your breathing fell below a certain percentage of an average maximum value for 10 seconds or longer.

For example, it could have fallen far below that value for 9 seconds many many times, and your AHI would still be zero.

On the other hand, if you cantinue to get lower AHI values when you take the pomegranate and higher values when you don't, that would mean something. To me, anyway. Others would need to see it repeated by more than one person for it to mean something to them.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2016, 12:07 PM)Roundy72 Wrote: now, why all this skepticism when instead of sitting on the sidelines picking my claim apart, why not try it. might set you back $5 - $10. you have nothing to lose. i'm not here to argue, match wits, or start a flame war, but only to share my experience for posterity.

Comments do not necessarily mean that skepticism, flames, or anything is aimed at you -- it is simply users sharing their opinions and questions with an essentially first-time poster who may not realize that, in many cases, single short-term measurements are often worthless in the diagnosis and treatment of sleep apnea. To the extent that a formal sleep study is only one snapshot in time, that often is taken under unusual and uncomfortable circumstances in the sleep lab.

As for anecdotal evidence of therapeutic suggestions, each person reacts differently, so your suggestion is noted with caveats supplied by other users. And, users cannot rule out "advocate trolling" when first-time posters present their findings, conclusions, and suggestions involving dietary supplements and home remedies. Some work, some don't, and some are designed to make money by increasing awareness.

This being said, I hope you accept all comments in the spirit they were meant -- comments from fellow hose-heads.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had my ResMed for 10 years and am disappointed if my AHI is NOT 0.something. I don't think I do anything special - aside from avoiding reading the news just before bedtime and not eating foolishly. During the month of November 2016 I have had only 6 readings of 1.something, no readings above 1.something and 21 of 0.something. In October I actually achieved - only once - a 0.0 reading. I avoid napping during the daytime and make sure my bedroom is dark, cool and quiet.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2016, 11:05 AM)Maggie Wrote: I've had my ResMed for 10 years and am disappointed if my AHI is NOT 0.something. I don't think I do anything special - aside from avoiding reading the news just before bedtime and not eating foolishly. During the month of November 2016 I have had only 6 readings of 1.something, no readings above 1.something and 21 of 0.something. In October I actually achieved - only once - a 0.0 reading. I avoid napping during the daytime and make sure my bedroom is dark, cool and quiet.

Therapy appears to be working for you. Congratulations. Now, if I could only achieve those results I would be a happier camper.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.