Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Plmnb's Never Ending OSA Journey (Data)
RE: Plmnb's Never Ending OSA Journey (Data)
This image shows the kind of thing we are working towards

Read my "narrative" in that image from bottom to top

but we need those two zoomed plots to make point #3 convincing

PS. I sent something similar to my Doc by email and the next day I got a reply with my BIPAP prescription.
2 days later I went to collect the machine from Apria :-)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
By the way, if you wanted to swap the leak plot for the respiratory rate plot.. we could make this even more convincing.
I'm fairly sure you'd see some significant breathing effort taking place. (more spiky looking stuff)
We don't really need the leak plot (in this case) because the grey shading tells us where the BAD leaks are

If so, we could add another annotation saying..
Hey Doc...Look how hard I'm having to struggle to breath!  No wonder my sleep is trashed.

..just a thought
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2019, 06:36 PM)Plmnb Wrote: Hi Sleeprider & ApneaQuestions!  I'm sorry I haven't updated things for a few hours.  Apparently, I was so chatty this morning that I exceeded the allowable posting limit  Rolleyes

I am at work now, won't be off until later this evening.  I will work on posting the charts needed in the time display you are requesting when I get home.

(ApneaQuestions: Remember, I have a MAC magic mouse...it does not have a right and left side click.  I have tried to research online how to do these click operations and I can't seem to get it right.  I'll try to see what I can do re: your tips and let you know).

Regards,

Plmnb

Plmnb, you're correct.  Your Mac's Magic Mouse has no buttons at all.  But it is touch sensitive like your trackpad.  For your Magic Mouse "Left click" and "Right click" translate into "One-button click" and "Two-button click" respectively.  Confusing isn't it????
I came across a YouTube video that covers some basics for the Magic Mouse and it may help explain it better than I can Wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXbwOIsXNL8

There is an alternative way to zoom into the charts not having to click anything.  It involves using the arrow keys on your keyboard (usually at the lower right of a Mac keyboard).  See the attachment.  It may be easier than trying to figure out the mouse for the moment.

Hope this helps you get zoomed in!  Coffee
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a quick reply to my latest response posts from this morning.

Thank you very much for the help offered to create my charts to take to my bipap sleep titration sleep study next week and my ENT appointment the first week of January. I wish you all could know how much stress you are taking away.

Still at work. Home after 5:30 EST. I will provide the information for my charts and submit for sure this evening.

Speak to you later!
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2019, 08:10 AM)Plmnb Wrote: Additionally, I believe I read a mention somewhere regarding muscle cramps.  I planned on doing some research on this as it relates to OSA because I have, ever since I can remember, been plagued with frequent attacks of leg cramping, usually during the night.  Many of the episodes I am sure were due to my stretching my feet the wrong way.  But, other times, especially the past few years and definitely this last year, I have awakened by leg cramps so painful I thought about cutting off my leg.  I always thought I just needed to take certain vitamins.  But what I read mentioned something about OSA sufferers getting cramps due to lack of oxygen.  Like I said, I am prepared to dive into some research on this but wondered if anyone reading my posts has any input on this?

I posted a new thread regarding this subject. CLICK HERE FOR THE THREAD
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2019, 04:06 PM)Plmnb Wrote: ... I wish you all could know how much stress you are taking away...

That's what I was hoping would happen (back when I was talking like your mum about heavy-duty anxiety meds) ;-)

Looking forward to seeing those zooms. We should have this all wrapped up very soon and then get rolling on the BIPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2019, 10:39 AM)ApneaQuestions Wrote: This image shows the kind of thing we are working towards

Read my "narrative" in that image from bottom to top

but we need those two zoomed plots to make point #3 convincing

PS. I sent something similar to my Doc by email and the next day I got a reply with my BIPAP prescription.
2 days later I went to collect the machine from Apria :-)

(12-21-2019, 11:56 AM)ApneaQuestions Wrote: By the way, if you wanted to swap the leak plot for the respiratory rate plot.. we could make this even more convincing.
I'm fairly sure you'd see some significant breathing effort taking place. (more spiky looking stuff)
We don't really need the leak plot (in this case) because the grey shading tells us where the BAD leaks are

If so, we could add another annotation saying..
Hey Doc...Look how hard I'm having to struggle to breath!  No wonder my sleep is trashed.

..just a thought

JoeyWallaby_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you can't zoom in properly because of your mouse, I can look at your data and post some screenshots myself if you like. Just copy paste everything from the SD card into a folder, compress that folder into a .zip file and share that .zip file.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, you two, how do we do this?

I LOVE the way I will be able to show this to my doctors, especially with the comments/narratives.  If the swap of the leak plot for the respiratory plot makes a more convincing presentation then I am all for it.  (And in addition to the narratives/comments you show, I'd love to have that comment/narrative about trashed sleep.  like )

JoeyWallaby, will you be able to read my information from the SD, because this will be done on a MAC.  I'm lookin for instructions online on how to prepare the .zip file.  When you say share the .zip, how do you want me to share it?  In an Email to you?  When you say copy and paste you don't mean screen shots right?  Because if I send screen shots then we won't be able to ZOOM in on the details we are looking for.

I'll send you two PMs that say I have made this post and then ya'll can tell me how to proceed.

Warmest Thanks!
Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like you are not setting up the plots yourself for some reason

If that's true... joeywallaby will know exactly what to do.

However, I think the learning curve of figuring out how to create a zipfile and getting it over to him may prove harder than tweaking your own plots.

Your choice though if he's offering :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2019, 09:21 PM)ApneaQuestions Wrote: However, I think the learning curve of figuring out how to create a zipfile and getting it over to him may prove harder  than tweaking your own plots.

Ah, yeah... Dielaughing

I think you might be right.  I'm about to call Apple and have them walk me through it.  It isn't going well here.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
What's your fundamental road block here?
Is it that you don't know how to zoom a plot?
You seemed to be 98% of the way there, you got one plot sorted, you just need to do the same thing to generate the other one.
Or is it more that you are feeling totally fried and lost?

If you can be specific.. we can help.

If you were on a PC or Linux I'd use a remote desktop using "teamviewer" and drive the machine for you... but I've never been an apple-guy so that wouldn't work well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 1 79 1 hour ago
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
  [Pressure] TiredButNotCranky's CPAP journey TiredButNotCranky 6 151 10 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,626 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 1,003 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,885 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,418 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Dr. Steven Park details his UARS journey gainerfull 3 667 12-18-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.