Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Plmnb's Never Ending OSA Journey (Data)
RE: Plmnb's Never Ending OSA Journey (Data)
Hi Sleeprider & ApneaQuestions!  I'm sorry I haven't updated things for a few hours.  Apparently, I was so chatty this morning that I exceeded the allowable posting limit  Rolleyes

I am at work now, won't be off until later this evening.  I will work on posting the charts needed in the time display you are requesting when I get home.

(ApneaQuestions: Remember, I have a MAC magic mouse...it does not have a right and left side click.  I have tried to research online how to do these click operations and I can't seem to get it right.  I'll try to see what I can do re: your tips and let you know).

Regards,

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider.

Is this what you wanted to see?  I could zoom in more if you think I should.  I am wondering though, why the data in the other charts now seems to be missing, except for the red and green lines in the Pressure graph.

[attachment=18248]

Enlarged to see FLOW RATE in more detail from 5:30 to 5:32.

Here is the second one.  I couldn't figure out how to show only 3:15-3:17.  Every time I tried to zoom in closer, I would lose the period of time you wanted to go to.

And this one is also missing some graph data.

[attachment=18249]

Did I do these correctly?  If so, what are these views showing?

Plmn
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
This graph shows nearly normal respiration during the period I identified as normal breathing.  We see a relatively rounded inspiratory peak, but not free of flow limitations as indicated by the flattened tops and some heart-rate translating n to the wave.  If this was your whole night, we could easily treat this with bilevel.  Note how the pressure is low, no flow limitation or snore and free of events.  This is what your whole night should look like.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=18248]

This chart needs to be zoomed in further like the previous one.  Even at this resolution we can see inspiration reaches a sharp peak then flattens into a chair shape before dropping into expiration. It's like you are starting to inhale normally, then suddenly someone "kinks the hose" or your airway. This is the problem that needs diagnosis.  To see this better, use a two finger gesture tap on the Flow Limit Y-Axis to call up a context sensitive menu. Select the Dotted Lines and put a check-mark next to the Zero.  This will clearly show you the crossover between inspiration (above the line) and expiration (below the line).  In this chart we can see the flow limit ranging from 40 to 60%. The flow rate (mL/second) increases rapidly when you inhale, but reaches a lower than normal peak flow and actually reduces as inspiration continues.  When inspiration ends, the flow quickly passes zero and exhale begins. If you zoom-in we can see this much more clearly.At about 03:16:30 and 03:19:10 we see spikes in inspiration flow that represent RERA. These are arousals that help you to recover from the flow limitation.  The purpose of using pressure support in bilevel therapy is to help you to inhale and overcome this flow limitation.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=18249]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh-jeez I will try to do what you say about zooming in closer on the second chart.  May take me a while, even with your wonderful instructions.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but why do I need to show the dr. normal results?  Don't I want to show him all the abnormal information?  Or are you saying these times you have chosen are to show the doctor along with the abnormal readings for him to use as comparisons between my normal and abnormal information?

The abnormal readings indicate pretty high pressures.  And regarding snoring, I have a bunch of snoring for instance at 2:04-2:15, why am I snoring enough there for there to be lost of lines there in comparison to other times?  And according to the event graph, I have many events from 1:30-approximately 2:30, approximately 4:10 ish-close to 5:00, and then again from around 6:00-7:29 ish.  What be up with that?

I'm sorry, I hope to one day have a pretty good handle on all this information, but at the moment it is quite confusing.

Regards,
Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
Mornincoffee Morning all.

A few things this morning.

I really am interested in any answers that anyone can provide to my last questions from my most recent previous post. Post No. 164

Also, here is the information from OSCAR for last night.  Another rough night I'm afraid. So looking forward to getting the bipap!  I did not use the cervical collar again because I am trying to get more data to confirm or not confirm that sleeping with the stupid thing on is beneficial for me:

[attachment=18257]

Additionally, I believe I read a mention somewhere regarding muscle cramps.  I planned on doing some research on this as it relates to OSA because I have, ever since I can remember, been plagued with frequent attacks of leg cramping, usually during the night.  Many of the episodes I am sure were due to my stretching my feet the wrong way.  But, other times, especially the past few years and definitely this last year, I have awakened by leg cramps so painful I thought about cutting off my leg.  I always thought I just needed to take certain vitamins.  But what I read mentioned something about OSA sufferers getting cramps due to lack of oxygen.  Like I said, I am prepared to dive into some research on this but wondered if anyone reading my posts has any input on this?

Look forward to your replies,
Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
Clusters of leakage or events are often caused by positional issues or different sleep stages. That's why I record myself sleeping with a night vision camera.

If you can't zoom in properly because of your mouse, I can look at your data and post some screenshots myself if you like. Just copy paste everything from the SD card into a folder, compress that folder into a .zip file and share that .zip file.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Plmnb look in the upper left hand corner of the flow rate chart. It’ll say duration. Zoom in till that’s roughly 2:00 mins

That’s what sleeprider needs to see
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2019, 11:40 PM)Plmnb Wrote: .. why do I need to show the dr. normal results?  Don't I want to show him all the abnormal information?  Or are you saying these times you have chosen are to show the doctor along with the abnormal readings for him to use as comparisons between my normal and abnormal information?....
I'm sure sleeprider will help you with the narrative you'll use when talking to the Doc.
He's setting you up with the plots first. I can help later if that's needed too.

We can't assume that the Doc will be totally familiar with these plots.
Part of the narrative will be along the following lines..

"Look at this plot... this the BEST part of my sleep.. you can see the flow limitations here by looking at the flattened tops of these curves"
"Now look at the WORST part of my sleep.. even though the pressures are really cranked up high we can REALLY see the bad shapes of these waveforms"

Essentially you'll be giving him/her a step by step explanation of how to see the problems to help with the conversation about why they are being caused and what to do about it.
Why they are being caused?  Let's look up your nose and in your mouth looking for clues... maybe an ENT referral will be suggested.
What can we do about them? In the meantime, the new BIPAP machine will offer better "Pressure Support" without all the discomfort of breathing against a brick wall.
etc etc

If it helps, we can even add annotations onto your plots with red circles etc to really home in on the details.
Post Reply Post Reply
Other ways to zoom:
Control or Shift and cursor up will zoom, cursor down will unzoom.
cursor left and right without the control key moves horizontally along the time-line.
Just clicking on the graph causes the image to zoom at the cursor location.

Why show "normal"? Because our sleep changes through the night. Showing normal demonstrates it can be achieved and is the baseline against which abnormal needs to be measured.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ohmy 
Unsure Huhsign

Oh dear.  I don't even know where to start this morning.  I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.  I really want to understand everything and my impatience is getting the better of me I'm afraid.  I always want to "git er done" (Not sure I wrote the quote correctly, but I hope you know what I mean).

Yikes, wait...I just saw the reply from ApneaQuestions.  Thanks Thanks Thanks . This was just what I wanted to know...PERFECT!

"I'm sure sleeprider will help you with the narrative you'll use when talking to the Doc.

He's setting you up with the plots first.

We can't assume that the Doc will be totally familiar with these plots.
Part of the narrative will be along the following lines..

"Look at this plot... this the BEST part of my sleep.. you can see the flow limitations here by looking at the flattened tops of these curves"
"Now look at the WORST part of my sleep.. even though the pressures are really cranked up high we can REALLY see the bad shapes of these waveforms"

Essentially you'll be giving him/her a step by step explanation of how to see the problems to help with the conversation about why they are being caused and what to do about it.
Why they are being caused?  Let's look up your nose and in your mouth looking for clues... maybe an ENT referral will be suggested.
What can we do about them? In the meantime, the new BIPAP machine will offer better "Pressure Support" without all the discomfort of breathing against a brick wall.
etc etc"

Osiris357: Thank you kindly.  I tried to do what you suggested and I failed.  I'm sure it is quite simple and if I had more time this morning...work is on tap...I would eventually figure it out.  My mind is racing at the moment and I am having difficulty slowing it down.

JoeyWallaby: Your suggestion regarding the camera has always been a great idea.  It is on my list of things to do.  As for your offer to work on my charts...ABSOLUTELY!  Thank you sooo much.  I need to step away though for a bit and decompress.  I would like to get you the info before I go to work, but not sure if I will get it done in time.  If it is ok with you, it might be early this evening or later tonight that I get this accomplished and send to you?

Regards,
Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] TiredButNotCranky's CPAP journey TiredButNotCranky 2 60 7 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 0 67 04-13-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,564 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 989 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,829 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,403 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Dr. Steven Park details his UARS journey gainerfull 3 659 12-18-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.