Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A
Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A
Coffee

Here we go again.

I just had my first night on my new pap therapy.  Unlike the three previous attempts at therapy, I did not wake-up day one feeling thoroughly rejuvenated, but not too bad.  At least the mask wasn't thrown to the floor during sleep.  And I can't recall more than one instance of bothersome mask leak.

I did go to bed late as usual, around midnight I think.  I woke up for the day at around 5 am.  Without therapy I normally consciously wake  4 - 5 times.  Last night I think it was only once or twice.

I want to post images of my results, but I am unsure which graphs I should post and how detailed the view should be.  Would someone please advise?

Thank you so much!
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A

I think I'm getting the hang of this again.  Is this chart helpful to see how I really did on my first night?  I want to know if the car compactors are back, I thought I saw them somewhere in the graphs but now I'm not sure.

Regards.
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think a full-night image of will help. The section you posted shows no evidence of the crushing flow limitation your used to have, and and the statistics appear to show a healthy normal respiratory profile. That's a lot of pressure support, and you seem to tolerate it. EPAP seems to stay near 15, and IPAP varies from 22 to 30. Wow!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider, was hoping to hear from you. 

I'll try to figure out how to get the whole chart posted but without zooming. This will be helpful without the details of the peaks & valleys?

When you say "wow" on the pressures, these are relatively high?  What would be the cause of needing high pressures? Maybe because I am over weight and smoke? And hereditary?

Phoebe
Post Reply Post Reply
It works. That's probably good enough.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

I think I figured out how to post the entire night, but this is only the top graphs, if you want to see the bottom graphs, let me know.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lots of variation when we look at the full view. It's interesting that from 06:45 to 07:45 the pressure appear to be very low.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thinking-about

Should I bother to post image of the remainder of the graphs to determine any additional insight?

Obviously my ultimate goal is to get a good night sleep, getting up in the middle of the night is disheartening, is this something I just have to live with?
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone on this machine have any insight on why my sleep report from last night shows only 2 minutes of recording?  The SD card was inserted back in properly.  I started therapy but then stopped it because I wasn't ready.  I then fiddled about with the user settings and switched to SmartStart Mode, which worked great.  I removed the mask when I finally got up and manually stopped the machine, maybe stopping it manually when SmartStart was enabled caused the problem?  I removed the card only after making sure it wasn't still being written to.

This morning the machine display AND SD showed only 2 minutes of usage??

In an aside: Again, I awoke one time that I can remember, then went back to sleep, finally awakening around 7am which is pretty much my normal time. This morning I'm not feeling that WOW, it's great to be up feeling. I know it may take a while to get used to therapy again, but I'm not really having any trouble getting used to wearing the mask this time. I also am not getting as many leaks as I used to which were always a problem.

So, assuming my readings from the other night weren't so bad, I'm afraid I will never get the sleep I crave.

Insight please?
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
     [attachment=49264]       

Included here are three of three screenshots of last night's OSCAR reports.  I awoke for the day too early, even for me.  I usually try to sleep until at least 5 am ish.  When I did awake, I took off my mask, tried to gather my senses, and tried to go back to sleep with my mask on again.  Just couldn't do it.  I'm tired.  If someone would look at these charts and give me guidance, I would appreciate it.  I have included charts that show more than just the basic information in case it might help with making any adjustments to pressures, etc.

My charts show a few HYPOPNEA and I was wondering if these may be the cause of not feeling rested? 

(Only three attachments allowed per post, so if I should post the last image for interpretation, let me know and I will post a new reply.

Thank you in advance for any help.

PS. Just found this entry in the forum Wiki:

Hypopnea (sometimes spelled hypopnœa) is a medical term for a disorder which involves episodes of overly shallow breathing on the order of 30-50% of normal respiration or an abnormally low respiratory rate. This differs from apnea in that there remains some flow of air. Hypopnea events may happen while asleep or while awake.

During sleep, hypopnea is classed as a sleep disorder. With moderate to severe hypopnea, sleep is disturbed such that patients may get a full night's sleep but still not feel rested because they did not get the right kind of sleep. The disruption in breathing may cause a drop in blood oxygen level, which may, in turn, disrupt the stages of sleep.

Hypopneas may be obstructive in nature which means that the airway has closed to some extent. Hypopneas may also be "central" in nature where the airway is completely open. Continuous Positive Airway Pressure can be used to alleviate obstructive hypopneas but will not help if the hypopneas are central in nature.

A hypopnea is scored as a central hypopnea only if none of the following conditions are present.

Snoring during the event
An increase in the flatting of the nasal pressure flow or PAP flow signal
Paradoxical breathing (The chest wall moves in during inhale and out during exhale)
The above requirements are from the AAST website from an article entitled "Scoring Obstructive Hypopnea VS Central Hypopnea."

Daytime hypopnea events are mostly limited to those with severely compromised respiratory muscles, as occurs in some neuromuscular diseases. Similarly, daytime hypopnea can also cause a drop in blood oxygen level."

Apnea: 80% to 100% reduction in airflow for >= 10 seconds
Hypopnea: 50% to 80% reduction in airflow for >= 10 seconds
Flow Limitation: <50% reduction in airflow for >= 10 seconds

Hmmmm
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 4 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,364 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 312 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.