Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RE: In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
RE: Plmnb - the journey continues now with ST-A.
What does the camera record to? I wonder if you could hook it up to computer and use a different recording program and bypass all of the time issues. That would make it far easier for you to review if it was all a single file.

I did similar with my webcam, it only records for up to 2 hrs but a program called free2x allows me to record indefinitely.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dont-know   It is a ring system.  I am able to view everything on my phone and on my computer without any wires.  It is Bluetooth enabled.  I now pay $3.00 a month to access the videos, they keep them on file.  I don't think I can handle anymore wired stuff around my bed,  Laugh-a-lot

I will pour over what I have, (I lost a ton when I didn't renew in time after my free 30 day trial), and report back.

Thanks,
Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Note I do not have the ST-A yet, so I am not yet speaking from experience. The setting Ti Max would in theory cap the inspiration time I'd think given what I understand via research. That in turn would shorten these flat tops on the inspiration. Is that a goal we're trying to gain for Plmnb? I saw example "normal" inhales that resemble an upside-down V. Trying to describe what I mean, inspiration goes up from 0 to a peak then drops, no flat tops.

Here's an image of "normal" non-flat-topped

[attachment=20120][attachment=20121]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The current Timax is already maxing out a fair bit, I wouldn't shorten it further. Increasing rise time would shorten the flat topped pressure curves. The normal easybreath waveform on Autoset and Vauto don't hit IPAP until well into the inspiration(like 1+ second going off memory, pretty much when inspiration is already starting to slow down at least in my case), 300 ms rise time is reaching IPAP in a fraction of the time which causes the square shape. This (caster rise time) is probably beneficial for the bad flow limitations though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi guys.

Woke up groggy this morning. Rebounded til about an hour ago. So exhausted I'm about to pass out. I gotta take a nap. Please, Geer1 or Sleeprider, could you give me the settings I should make right now? I know I could probably glean them from what you all have posted, but I can't hold my head up. I had to hang the phone up on my mother.

So very appreciative,
Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
One thing I just noticed looking at chart again is that your PS was almost never over 4 so it isn't like the machine was doing something crazy that caused the over ventilation.

Post the charts again showing minute volume and leak rate. I want to clearly see what your ventilation was when leaks were minimal.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll try now.  But seriously I might fall asleep at my desk. Bear with me. Thank you.  

PS.  I gotta find out what's up with the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, wait, what zoom time?

EDIT:  which charts should be replaced?  Get rid of Resp Rate and ???
Post Reply Post Reply
Get rid of tidal volume and expiration time for now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh and show the whole night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,059 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 954 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,196 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,576 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 532 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 231 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.