Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RE: In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
RE: Plmnb - the journey continues now with ST-A.
Remember SOME of the Large Leaks occurred while the mask wasn't on my face.

[attachment=20122]
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just don't know what to do about the head gear issue.  My hair is fairly short, but very curly.  Strands keep getting stuck in the velcro. I'm pretty sure this is why one of the velcro fastners does not work anymore.  I suppose I could cut off the bad one from the larger headgear and sew a good velcro portion to the old gear.  But I hate the idea of cutting it.

Any suggestions?  Will washing and scrubbing the velcro damage it further?

Thanks,
a very tired Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok as I expected MV was significantly higher during the large leak and that is skewing data significantly. MV doesnt seem that far off at beginning of night when leaks were good.

For now the only change I would make if you do believe a change is necessary is lowering PSmin to 3.5 to see what that does.

Did you ever have issues with removing your mask before or is that something new with this machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
If it is the hook side of velcro washing etc will be good (hooks need to be clear to grab). If it is the material side then it might help but don't want to go overboard.
Post Reply Post Reply
Back in the olden days, around 2003 I tried CPAP.  Mask was on the floor beside my bed every single morning.  It didn't stay on once.  I the drs ended up doing what they called "experimental" surgery at the time on my Uvula, septum, turbinates, removed polyps.  No significant improvement. (And a HELL of a lot of pain!)

Now, I have severe apnea.  But some things must have improved as far as equipment, especially masks.  I am on my third one this go around.  FOAM, the best thing since sliced bread as far as I'm concerned.  The leaks weren't bad when I first acquired foam.  But as the head gear stretched, they got worse.  I tried to wash it, but it didn't help much.  I read that it was possible I needed smaller headgear and received it about a week ago.  It seems to be getting worse.  I wonder if I need to go up a size to Med on the mask.  If I can get the fittings to work from the small to the med I might try now.

So I am going to go to 3.5 and Med mask, try to fiddle with the head gear.  Will report back when I finish nap.

Thanks for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Recently though were you actually removing headgear when using vauto like you did these two nights with ST-A or is that new.

If it is new it could mean you don't like something about this treatment. The new pressure waveform etc.

If it isn't new and it happens regularly then it means nothing.

I guess what does the video show? Do you push it up off your face trying to find relief or does it for some reason just fall out of position?
Post Reply Post Reply
You might be able to use elastic straps instead of the furnished headgear. I’ve never used pillows so I don’t know if it would work.

But for more than 15 years I would buy 5/8” and 3/4” elastic straps and use plastic tri-glide slides and weave the straps through them. I’d cut a headband and put it over the straps to cushion it. As the straps would stretch, I would just feed more thought the slides and cut off the excess.

The key is to figure out the direction the straps need to pull. You might have to put a piece between the top and bottom straps for using pillows.

Maybe others have suggestions.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
Nap is over and that was a resounding failure, oy. (But the mask stayed on, even with seemingly having to adjust it all the time and taking the nose out of my eyes.  Back to small mask and figuring out the head gear problem.  I'll look into those suggestions 70sSanO! Thanks.)

[attachment=20129]

Geer1, So, once more the only adjustment for tonight would be to put PS Min to 3.5 and try again with my small mask and find a fix for the head gear?

And the mask leak issues this time with pap therapy have been from the start in November.  The taking it off has been off and on since.  Part of the issue is until my husband made my hose reach further the mask came off when I do my sit-up sleep problem.

Kind lost here all.

Regards,
Plmnb

Now that I have had nap I can stay awake long enough to view video for you Geer1.
Post Reply Post Reply
Were you asleep most of that nap or lots of awake time?

It is hard to draw any conclusions on adjustments because your results are all over the place and not correlating to the changes made thus far.

I think I would just focus on trying to figure your mask out so that hopefully we can get leaks under control and get some good data tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Asleep most of the time.  Would reach up now and then to try to adjust mask.  Tonight I'll try my hybrid nasal/mouth mask again.  Maybe with the iVAPS it will work better for me.  But should I adjust the PS to 3.5 or leave it at 4??

I really appreciate your continued assistance.

Do you still want me to try to connect the dots between last night's chart and the video?  I need to delete this nap and re-import last night.

Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 969 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,219 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,592 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 542 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 237 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.