Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RE: In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
RE: Plmnb - the journey continues now with ST-A.
As I just posted in your other thread your last nights data should still be there. Nap is showing up where tonights data would go. You will need to delete the nap before uploading data tomorrow though.

Maybe just leave PS at 4 tonight so we can see if there any similarities to last night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay

Thank you.  Yes, I understood about about how to get last night's data back.

Have a good night.

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good news, anxiety about losing all my data for last few days is gone.  Was able to get things back to normal...import wise anyway.

Here is my main chart for today's nap.  I went back to my first mask to see what would happen.  It is the Phillips Dreamwear Hybrid.  I would have kept using it but I don't like the silicone(?), I wish they made it with foam. I tried once to make something to go between my skin and the slick whatever the seals are but failed.  I think I will try again.  I HAD NO LARGE LEAKS this entire nap!  And I defintely now know that medium is not for me, gotta stick to small.  At least for the mask.  Not sure yet on headgear.

That being said, I'm pooped.  I should be refreshed  Crazy  Someone help please interpret what is here?  If you would like zooms of a particular time period, I'm ready to provide them.

Regards,
Plmnb

[attachment=20162]
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Where is last nights data? That will be more helpful than these naps.
Post Reply Post Reply
In my dumb mistake thread I mentioned I forgot to insert the SD card in the machine.  I believe this nap is very helpful based on the way things have been going for me.  My therapy results change on the turn of a dime so this time frame is quite representative.

Always appreciative,
Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
My sleep is always so fragmented that this chart is helpful in that it is actually a continuous time period.  Also I believe this is the FIRST time with a 0% on LARGE LEAKS.
Post Reply Post Reply
Too strange.  This seems to happen quite a bit.  One time my Hs are at the start and the next day they are at the end.  This is exactly what happened with yesterday's nap and today's nap.  Probably means nothing, but odd nonetheless.

Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
It does. We usually refer to any events at the beginning or near the end of a sleep session as "Sleep-Wake Junk". It's the period where you are transitioning between the irregular breathing patterns while being awake and the rhythmic patterns obtained when we are asleep.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
About all I can think to do is look at some zoomed in examples so we can try to understand what is going on. Times of interest include 13:32 (breathing turns ugly), 13:40 (period of high respiration), 13:58 (breathing turns ugly), 14:12 (machine supplying high pressure to try and maintain ventilation), 14:25 (probably similar to 14:12 but if looks different then might be worthwhile).

So far it doesn't appear that increased PS is capable of dealing with the periods of bad flow limitation(assuming that is what these are). About the only thing I can think to try is higher EPAP (14 to start).

I am not familiar enough with your data to know how this compares to your Vauto results (if they are better or worse)? Lots of your old attachments aren't available anymore so I need your thoughts on this.

I assume you have tried pillow or nasal masks? Part of me is wondering if full face masks just don't work for you. I ran into this issue with my grandfather who also has very severe flow limitations and OSA. He leaks like a sieve out of his mouth when he uses pillow masks but even at full pressure on a full face mask he has obstructive apneas that we can't stop from occurring. I believe it has to do with the effects of pressure being applied inside the mouth (either on the tongue or palate) and I wonder if something similar isn't happening to you as well. I see you have had a uvulectomy which I assume this might mess with your ability to create a seal when using nasal masks?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm.  I see I have my homework to do.

I think I got some good video for the nap.  I will try to co-ordinate it with the times you mention and report back.

We can discuss higher EPAP in a little while when I ask for tonights final setting suggestions.

I believe I still have my Vauto SD card if you need it.  But I went back in the calendar and found a little info, like what the settings were and such. I'm anxious about trying to open such old data from the SD card at this point.  What things would you want to know from those old data sets?

Back around 2003 I tried among other things, just nasal pillows, TOTAL failure.  All the masks were a total failure actually.  This time around I was shown this hybrid mask.  Thought it would be the perfect answer since I mouth breathe and sometimes use my nose.  But the slimy feel of the seal turned me off.  I already explained why I have come back to this mask though.  If I can get better sleep with it and hopefully find a way to address the slime feel, that would be great as far as LARGE LEAKS go.  I may have to go back to being McGyver and invent something if I can't find it in any retailer.

As I have previously mentioned, I have tried the soft cervical collar, numerous times.  It didn't help.  Probably because I don't have a "chin tucking" issue.  I have sleep problems if I am on my back or on my side.  I have improved my sleep hygine, I am on all appropriate medications.  I am maybe thinking that not even the parasomina like activity I do is the big issue, although it certainly doesn't help.  My primary doctor has referred me to a neurologist, we shall see.

Yes, I had the horrid, horrid surgery on my Uvula+.  Didn't even help, obviously.  However, you raise a good point.  Two things the ENT just diagnosed me with are narrow nasal passages and a Class III Mallampati Tongue. She says she sees no other issues. (I have ALWAYS had a very small mouth.  To the point of pediatric dental sized x-rays).

So, I'm off to video land for now...be back asap.

Regards,
Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,070 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 545 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 815 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 359,273 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,364 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 34 2,764 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: IanD
  mallar's therapy thread mallar 11 272 04-06-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.