Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RE: In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
RE: Plmnb - the journey continues now with ST-A.
The S9 provides the same therapy and adaptive pressure support in ST-A (iVAPS) mode. It is the same machine in a different cover. If there are differences, they are evolutionary, not revolutionary. I'm not aware of any difference. The biggest thing you will have to adjust to is to lock the SD card before inserting into a computer, and unlocking before putting it back in the S9 ST-A. Many users of the S9 Adapt ASV prefer its "feel" to the Aircurve 10 ASV. We don't have any members I'm aware of that reported use of iVAPS on the S9 series. I think you are used to that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lol.  Thanks!

I’ll keep you updated!

Good to speak with you guys again.

Sincerely,
Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I've researched on the 10 vs 9 ST-A, it is mainly a physical device form factor. Most won't notice a difference when they're asleep I'd guess.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks  Everyone.  

I'll let you all know if there are any new developments.

Regards,
Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #2 S9 ST-A $1,499 with filters and hose
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SWell, here I go again.  Practically two years have passed and I’m going for my fourth try to find relief.

I have an appointment with my original doctor, a pulmonologist.  In preparation I am trying to gather all my old files.  I called the only medical equipment provider my insurance company works with to find out the fees for the type of machine that you wonderful people suggested for me, the STA.  The woman at the medical equipment provider told me she doesn’t know anything about STA machines.  The only one they provide is a Resmed Auto Sense 11 (?).  She was unable to tell me if this is a comparable machine.

Does anyone know if it is?

Thank you very much!  Looking forward to participating on this fabulous site again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Phoebe, your older data was compiled on an older version of OSCAR that did not interpret your machine very well. If you still have Oscar installed on your computer, it would be a good idea to install the latest update from the link at the top of the page. I would like to review some of the older graphs with the more complete information available with Oscar Ver. 1.4. Maybe we can review some of the information, now over 2-years old.

The DME clearly has no expertise in advanced bilevel machines. You need to either change providers, or be very careful to get what you need. The machine she is talking about is a CPAP and it's pretty hard to imagine that will work for you. At the very least, you need a Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto, and perhaps the Resmed Aircurve 10 ST-A iVAPS. Resmed will provide technical support to suppliers that are unfamiliar with these more advanced machines, but your description of someone that only knows what an Airsense 11 Autoset is not encouraging. You will need to get your doctor to prescribe very specifically the device he wants you to use.

Can you update us on your parasomnia and other issues?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So nice to hear from you again !

Thank you for the information about updating OSCAR, will do.

My MP seems to be getting much better, just a little numbness in outer thighs and at times a little deeper soreness.  I think a small amount of weight loss has helped.

Not quite sure about the parasomnia.  I’ve asked my husband if he’s noticed if I still do it, but he hasn’t been paying as much attention to my sleep as he used to.

I’ll post some of the latest old data as soon as I get a chance.

I’m sort of worried about the medical equipment provider issue but will cross that bridge when the time comes.  My appointment with my pulmonologist isn’t until Dec 28th.

Sincerest Regards.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning Sleeprider and all.

I finally got the new update installed.

I am ready to share some of the older graphs for your review.  If I remember correctly from the old days,  there are certain portions/categories, (Flow limit, Flow rate, etc.) that you would like to see and they should be in a particular order?

Are there particular graphs you would like to see?  I still have saved on my computer over 200 OSCAR graphs, etc.  It looks like I will need to delete some images from the forum storage to post the images you want to see, but trying to decide what to delete is difficult, although I guess I could re-upload them at a later time.

Looking forward to working together again,

PLMNB
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's just start with where we left off. The best results tend to be most instructive of where we want to go as opposed to the worst results which is what we want to avoid. Mostly I'm looking forward to seeing how much the charts have changed from the old version. Show me why ST-A is what you need. or why CPAP is wrong.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,073 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,213 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,590 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 538 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 234 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.