Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Plotting OA events vs time
Plotting OA events vs time
I'd like to make a graph of my nightly OA events vs. hour as interpreted by SleepyHead.  Is there a way to export Sleepyhead data over a range of dates into an Excel file, for example?  Why I want to do this is because it looks like my OA events (which can only occur during sleep) are mostly concentrated in my first few hours of sleep - I'd like get a handle on how much sleep I am actually getting on average beyond there first few hours by noting OH activity during these times.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Plotting OA events vs time
You might try the File -> Export Data -> CSV Export Wizard.  I have never used it so I can't comment on its actual usability.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, But I did try that - strange file designation, nothing I have will read it.  I can always graph the info by hand, but that will be tedious.  Thanks anyways. Barrie
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2018, 09:12 PM)Bripin Wrote: Thanks, But I did try that - strange file designation, nothing I have will read it.  I can always graph the info by hand, but that will be tedious.  Thanks anyways. Barrie

That's weird! What operating system is your computer running?

What software do you use that you hoped to use to graph your events?

Clearly you don't have Excel or the exported file would have been opened in Excel. There are several free spreadsheet applications available for Linux, macOS, and Windows -- and some of them rival Microsoft Office in quality and capability. (LibreOffice is the one I like best and it runs on both Linux and Windows -- and macOS, I suppose.)

There are a lot of computer geeks here who can help you... I know cuz they help me, which is like the bottom of the barrel, so you're in good hands here!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bripin, the exported CSV file is an Excel file. Even though it does not have the standard XLS or XLSX extension, it is still compatible with Excel. You need to import it into Excel as a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file, though. It SHOULD work fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Shaun, It worked perfectly.  I think that I over thought the process originally.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 69 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 6 165 03-15-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 147 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 0 92 03-13-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 549 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 9 225 03-12-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 229 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.