Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Polarity of Pilot-24 Lite DC output?
Polarity of Pilot-24 Lite DC output?
I'd like to find out the polarity of the DC output from the Medistrom Pilot-24 Lite battery. That is, is it center positive, or center negative?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Polarity of Pilot-24 Lite DC output?
As soon as I have my Dreamstation Go adapter, I'll have that info for you. I already know which pins on the 8-pin on the DS side are ground, so I can tone out the DC jack end for you in a couple days.
meow, I'm a bobcat.

@home: DS1 Auto, F&P HC150, Dreamwear FullFace
@travel: Transcend Micro, USB-C PD cable, Anker GaNPrime 65W brick, Sleepweaver Anew -- all in a dopp bag
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2019, 09:14 AM)kotaKat Wrote: As soon as I have my Dreamstation Go adapter, I'll have that info for you. I already know which pins on the 8-pin on the DS side are ground, so I can tone out the DC jack end for you in a couple days.

Great, let me know what you learn.
Post Reply Post Reply
Center positive, outer negative. Just toned the cable (and scored the confirmation of the Molex Micro-Fit pinout on the Dreamstation Go).
meow, I'm a bobcat.

@travel: Transcend Micro, USB-C PD cable, Anker GaNPrime 65W brick, Sleepweaver Anew -- all in a dopp bag
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2019, 05:05 PM)kotaKat Wrote: Center positive, outer negative. Just toned the cable (and scored the confirmation of the Molex Micro-Fit pinout on the Dreamstation Go).

Great, thanks!

I've got an $800 Resmed AirMini on the line here. You're certain as certain can be? :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
I just put a $1k Dreamstation Go on the line myself. You're good. Center positive, outer negative. More on this project on my thread in a bit.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

meow, I'm a bobcat.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2019, 06:27 PM)kotaKat Wrote: I just put a $1k Dreamstation Go on the line myself. You're good. Center positive, outer negative. More on this project on my thread in a bit.

I like to hear confidence, thanks so much!

I'm building a power supply for the Resmed, hope it to have it built soon, and will report here.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2019, 06:43 PM)psteckler Wrote: I'm building a power supply for the Resmed, hope it to have it built soon, and will report here.

There was an in-depth thread on this topic somewhere. In addition to the 24 volts DC, there's another conductor used to send a proprietary signal. Somebody figured out how to do it, though, IIRC.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2019, 07:39 PM)Sleepster Wrote: There was an in-depth thread on this topic somewhere. In addition to the 24 volts DC, there's another conductor used to send a proprietary signal. Somebody figured out how to do it, though, IIRC.

I'm following an example on another bulletin board. A fellow there removed the plug from the Resmed cable, and connected only positive and negative wires to a boost module, no other signal or voltage involved.

I'm planning to keep the plug, and use a panel jack to connect to the module (hence the need to know polarity). The plug appears to be an ordinary 5.5x2.5mm barrel plug.
Post Reply Post Reply
Even the Medistrom cable offered for the AirMini most likely is just the 24VDC only. None of the other 4 pins on the DSGO connector are connected on mine, just two ground and two +24V.
meow, I'm a bobcat.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Qtube vs Q-Lite muffler HighlandRay 0 140 03-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: HighlandRay
  Connect Medistrom Pilot 12 Plus to Airsense 11 and Airmini? ICS55 2 306 02-18-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: ICS55
  Pilot-24 no longer recognizes CPAP DanDV 1 623 08-20-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] Oxygen Concentrators: Noise vs. Output Level Setting? cogskies 6 715 08-13-2023, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 595 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Q-lite Muffler to AirMini Mask Adapter Availability?? mcman56 0 832 07-14-2023, 09:45 AM
Last Post: mcman56
  Sample OSCAR output CSV data wmerwin 2 494 03-05-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.