Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: What is your BMI?
This poll is closed.
Underweight: 18.5 or less
1.47%
1 1.47%
Normal: 18.5-24.9
23.53%
16 23.53%
Overweight: 25-29.9
29.41%
20 29.41%
Obese: 30-34.9
25.00%
17 25.00%
Clin Obese: 35-39.9
7.35%
5 7.35%
Morbid: 40+
13.24%
9 13.24%
Total 68 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll, what is your BMI?
Poll, what is your BMI?
Hi, just a poll regarding BMI to see what we mostly have here in the members.

To find your BMI: 

Here is a chart in pounds: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educati...mi_tbl.pdf

Not to judge anyone, just wondering. Results won't be public. (won't show who clicked what).

Thanks all
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Poll, what is your BMI?
43 views, 4 votes, come on. Seriously.
Post Reply Post Reply
BMI is a very poor indicator of obesity as it's measurement parameters don't take body type into account. I can elaborate it anyone is interested but it's not worth thinking about.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2017, 04:06 AM)holden4th Wrote: BMI is a very poor indicator of obesity as it's measurement parameters don't take body type into account. I can elaborate it anyone is interested but it's not worth thinking about.

So true.

Our son has always been on the bottom of the scale with body bio-metrics, including body weight, for his body type. He has vitamin D resistance rickets which causes bowed legs and an abnormally short stature for body type. Since height is one of the measurements used to calculate BMI, it severely skews the results when his BMI is calculated. Every year his school would do a BMI calculation and classify him as obese. The kid's percentage of body fat ratio was and still is on the lower end of the scale. No amount of reasoning or doctor's letters could stop the school from wrongly classifying him as obese and counseling him on how to lower his BMI. Since it was hurting his self esteem and causing him to use unhealthy means to correct a problem he didn't have, we had to revoke permission for the school to do any type of health or medical assessment and threaten legal action if they continued to do so.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know how honest people are being, but going by some or most of the people I see in the sleep clinics here is the UK, they are Clin Obese with some morbidity obese.
It gets harder with age to keep the pounds off though!   Rolleyes
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the categories:

1. Normal-pencil neck geek

2. Pudgy

3. chubby

4. Fat

5. Really Fat

6. I give up hand me the Twinkies
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I know bmi is not perfect, its just a poll. It does not take into consideration individual parameters, but over a population, it is still a reasonable indicator for a survey.
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't need a poll. Most but not all of us are overweight. Just like the rest of the population.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Pass the twinkies!
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
By BMI I am obese at 5% body fat.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question PHILIPS SYSTEMS RECALL - Future Purchases [POLL] WakeUpTime 56 7,310 08-11-2021, 10:12 AM
Last Post: josedeca
  [Diagnosis] POLL: Do you know of anyone who was NOT diagnosed with Apnea after a sleep "study"? S. Manz 28 2,442 07-28-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Would You Choose a New ResMed 11 Series as a Replacement? - Poll RayBee 11 4,142 05-31-2021, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Exclaimation [News] New Poll is in the Works PollCat 10 1,862 11-18-2019, 09:17 AM
Last Post: mper6794
  [CPAP] Poll on ResMed N30i mask SarcasticDave94 22 4,583 03-02-2019, 03:04 PM
Last Post: elwoodpdowd
  [Equipment] Poll: How many turn airplane mode ON after compliance? SarcasticDave94 36 5,987 03-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Question NOSE-HOLE POLL SuperSleeper 44 20,563 08-03-2017, 06:02 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.