Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poor results with CPAP - thoughts?
RE: Poor results with CPAP - thoughts?
(05-01-2019, 02:34 PM)Marillion Wrote: As always, Bonjour has great advice!  Going up to 11 as a minimum is a great idea.  I would also consider dropping your EPR from 3 to 1 or even turning it off entirely if you can.  If not.  Just try it at 1.  I myself don't use EPR at all as I found it would cause / influence events and I always got better results without it.  I would allow for at least 3 days to see what these settings do for you.

Thanks, Marillion. I have reset machine to 11 and dropped EPR to 1. It was a bit hard to fall asleep, my nose felt so full and puffed out, but I got used to it eventually. By sometime in the night I didn't really notice it. So I will keep it there for a bit, at least until I get my neck thing which is supposed to arrive Monday. I did notice that the CAs were way down last night, but there have been a couple of nights like that here and there for no discernible reason, so not getting too excited about that. Will see what happens over the next few days.

Will be back to fill you in in a few!

Amy
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Poor results with CPAP - thoughts?
Excellent. As they say around here, "one night does not a trend make!"

As you get used to not using the EPR it will become more and more the norm. Keep us posted and all the best.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evaluate My Results to Determine Best Machine Siesta 11 378 05-28-2019, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Siesta
Question At-home sleep test results - questions about central apnea idlewire 4 216 05-25-2019, 04:27 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  My 2nd night results Haroldsdrifting 17 440 05-16-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ajack
  Sleep study results inconclusive Raptor9800 5 235 05-13-2019, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Raptor9800
  Sleep Study Thoughts? WolfSleeper 1 170 04-29-2019, 02:59 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  New User - Great Results - Have Questions! BEAV 1 207 04-18-2019, 03:32 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Airsense10 Autoset: Two machines – 2 different results pabmd 4 416 04-14-2019, 06:45 PM
Last Post: pabmd

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.