Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poor sleep after one year
Poor sleep after one year
Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea (AHI 15) for slightly over a year. It seems like my sleep apnea is due to enlarged tonsils and weight gain (even tho my BMI is normal range). I was started on CPAP therapy immediately. I have the Airsense 11 with F20 foam face mask. My sleep has improved but I still don't sleep well. I have a hard time feeling asleep and when I do, I wake up every 3-4 hours. My AHI is usually in the 3-4 range. I have tried a cervical collar but it doesn't seem like it makes a difference. 

If someone can take a look at my Oscar report and give me recommendations, that would be great.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Poor sleep after one year
Welcome to the forum! My own condition improved greatly after I asked for help. I've started qustions myself about improving sleep quality.

You have a wonderful machine. Others here will be able to help you by recommending setting changes.

I wonder if you need a full face mask? Is it comfortable? did you take it off? Is that why there's no record during the night you recorded?

Sleep deprivation is awful. My thought is that it takes a while to recover when sleep deprived.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Poor sleep after one year
Have you considered moving your top pressure to 13 since it appears you spend most of the evening near the top of your current range? What is up with the large leak at the end of your sleep session?

I am sure that some more knowledgeable board members will be by soon to refine the suggestions.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,608 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,462 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Poor Sleep Quality/ Respiratory Rates flyingg103 3 248 02-29-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Poor sleep quality and how it affects you p123 6 871 02-01-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: glenncol
  It's Been Almost a Year With My aPAP, Still Need Help AP0011 2 304 01-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.