Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Portable Machine Recommendation
Portable Machine Recommendation
Have s9 autoset but find it awkward for travelling.
Can anyone recommend a good (small) machine for travelling?
Would like it to be auto but not essential

Thanx
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Portable Machine Recommendation
Welcome, Jimbo. The one I use is no longer available; but if you search the internet or visit the online DMEs (check our supplier lists at the top of this page) you'll be able to research small machines.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jimbo, welcome aboard
Z1 Travel CPAP Machine
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-The-HDM-Z1

Transcend Auto Travel CPAP Machine
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...for-Travel

Post Reply Post Reply
I picked up a Respronics RemStar Pro M just for use on trips with only 50 hours on it for $100. The Pro M isn't auto but I hauled it to Russia and back and I pretty much forgot I was carrying it. Don't know it it is but it feels more ruggedly-built than my S9. The only negative is I don't have a reader for its odd data card.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
The small size machines are, in my opinion, not worth the extra cost. It would be easier to either leave the humidifier at home or get a second machine just for travel (so if it is damaged, you're still covered at home). Without the humidifier, the S9 is about the same size as some of these mini-machines.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a Transcend non-auto CPAP machine for travel. I also bought the P8 battery for camping or when no power was available.

Overall I am not that satisfied with it as the pressure seems to be too high. My prescription is for 10 cm but I have had to bring the pressure down to 6 so that it doesn't blow my face up.
It is noisy, and if you add the humidifier is not a small unit to carry. It ends up being nearly twice as big as my F&P Icon auto. Maybe the Transcend Auto is better?

So from my point of view, the pros are;

It is small and light (without the humidifier)
It will run on battery power.

The cons are;
It is big with the humidifier
It is noisy
The pressure seems to be too high for it's setting. Maybe I should have it calibrated.

Mind you, I may be spoilt with the F&P Icon Auto but that is all I have to compare it too. I would love this little unit to be a bit more friendly and I am trying a lot of different settings to make it better. I'll keep on experimenting and maybe reach a compromise with it.

Cheers,
Post Reply Post Reply
been traveling every week for close to a year with the transcend unit and really like it. small and easy, never a problem.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 118 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 263 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Auto Titrating Machine Recommendation REM dominated OA BoxcarPete 21 1,337 11-20-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] LF Oral Surgeon recommendation in DMV area for MMA SleepWhenImDead 1 1,083 11-16-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: isabelle315
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,136 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Equipment] Portable Backup Power for Outages Craige 4 565 10-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Craige
  Full Face Mask Recommendation? Dan8585 4 891 10-12-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: NightyTighty

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.