Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Portable battery powered machines
Portable battery powered machines
I have been using a Resmed CPAP machine for over 10 years and have been happy with it but I would like to find a portable, battery powered machine that can take backpacking. Has anyone used one of these an had a good experience. I would appreciate any advice. I miss being free to camping and backpacking wherever I want.

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Portable battery powered machines
You can use powerbank with AC outlet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jhaustin. Welcome to Apnea Board.

There are a number of small "travel" machines around, but they all have compromises or limitations compared with the bedside machines. Names to look for include Transcend, Dreamstation Go and Resmed Airmini. There are threads about all of these here on the forum.

Remember that even though the machine itself will be smaller, you will still need a hose, mask and (possibly) power brick, so the total saving in weight and volume may not be significant.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jhaustin, and welcome to Apnea Board.

Another 3 things to consider:
(based on my recollection of articles, user comment and such)

1. some but maybe all these travel machines can only use certain masks. Worth checking your mask of choice with potential travel machine for compatibility.

2. most don't have a humidifier standard; on some it's not optional either. This reduces the possibility of water leak damages, but some patients need humidity added for comfortable therapy.

3. these travel units may surprise you that they don't seem as quiet as you'd expect them to be. I've read reports some users say real or perceived noise was bothersome.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got an Airmini while Supplier #1 had a sale on it that ended on Sunday [Commercial Link Removed]

I also got the case and bed strap.  The Airsense 10 in its travel case weighs 5 pounds 6.5 oz.  The Airmini weighs 2 pounds 10.5 oz.  The case takes up about a third of the space that the larger machine takes up.  The machine works great, but it is a louder than the full size machine.  When I tried it with my hearing aids on, they accentuated the noise.  Without the hearing aides it isn't that much different than the full size, but it is louder.  You can try out the machine for 30 days and return it if it isn't for you.  I am thrilled with it, since I will be taking it on a safari next year and will need to power it with a battery in some of the camps.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 114 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,338 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,829 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 678 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 251 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
Question [Equipment] Proprietary Dreamstation Battery Cables? NorthernGuy 25 11,442 01-19-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Pastrywagon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.