Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Portable power options
Portable power options
Is anyone using this? I am trying to decide if I should go this route or go  with the Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC unit?

Thanks!

<Commercial link removed. >

The Airmini is 24DC so the Medistrom Unit is pretty specialized vs using the Sherpa which would go DC-AC-DC, if I am correct? wasting a bit of power.  I am not well-versed with this stuff so any help would be appreciated.  I even thought about the Medistrom Solar Panel for when I am out backpacking etc but it does not get good reviews from the looks of it.

Amazon link to the Medistrom battery bank

Amazon link for the solar panel

link for portable solar

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, certain types of commercial links are prohibited in this forum.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Portable power options
All ResMed machines run natively on 24 volts DC, and require a proprietary cable that contains a third conductor. You are correct in that a lot of juice is lost when there's a conversion from DC to AC to DC.

Sealed lead acid batteries perform the best, but they weigh a lot. Lithium Ion batteries don't perform quite as well, but they are much lighter in weight.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check out the rockpals 300w battery. It has a 24v 3A port that will run resmed machine’s.
Min EPAP 10
Max EPAP 13
Min PS 3
Max PS 10
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Do a search within the forum.. battery options have been discussed at length in many threads on the topic.

You will find various suggestions.. including some from me regarding making my own battery pack from an AGM motorcycle battery that allows me to get up to 3 nights camping, and that I can recharge in a saddlebag from my bike while riding to my next destination. 

There are a lot of options to research over a coffee.  Coffee
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2020, 08:28 PM)Ockrocket Wrote: Do a search within the forum.. battery options have been discussed at length in many threads on the topic.

You will find various suggestions.. including some from me regarding making my own battery pack from an AGM motorcycle battery that allows me to get up to 3 nights camping, and that I can recharge in a saddlebag from my bike while riding to my next destination. 

indefinitely will! I have a Yeti 400 (old lead acid), thinking of getting a new lithium 1000 or 1400 for extended trips. I guess I'm thinking for times when I am out on two feet or a quick night out in my rig on a road trip sleeping in the back. I wish I could find a different solar option other than the One offered on lofta. I think I'll hold off on that one for now but pick up the battery they offer since it's made for it. 
thanks for the info Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I did find this however Smile

[commercial link removed]Search for Bix Power 100 X2

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
whoops
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2020, 09:03 PM)bigskypylot406 Wrote: I did find this however Smile

[commercial link removed]Search for Bix Power 100 X2

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----

Oh-jeez Laugh-a-lot

You better get the hang of not posting links or you might get booted out.  Unsure

As you can see by the Admin comment, the trick is to simply state what to search for and then leave it to people to do a Google search (or whatever other search engine they prefer to use) 

You will get the hang of it in the end.
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2020, 08:52 PM)bigskypylot406 Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 08:28 PM)Ockrocket Wrote: Do a search within the forum.. battery options have been discussed at length in many threads on the topic.

indefinitely will! I have a Yeti 400 (old lead acid), thinking of getting a new lithium 1000 or 1400 for extended trips. I guess I'm thinking for times when I am out on two feet or a quick night out in my rig on a road trip sleeping in the back. I wish I could find a different solar option other than the One offered on lofta. I think I'll hold off on that one for now but pick up the battery they offer since it's made for it. 
thanks for the info Smile

What sort of vehicle are you using?
And do you go camping often?

I have a campervan that has a house battery that runs my fridge and LED lighting, as well as my Philips Respironics Dreamstation that can run directly off a 12 volt battery, and as I mentioned I also can run it off my portable home made battery pack. 

Perhaps you could mount a solar panel permanently on your vehicle and hook it up to one of those big battery packs used by fourwheel drive enthusiasts, they can also be hooked in to charge off the vehicle while driving as well. 
The battery pack could be transferred to a tent at night for sleeping, and a Waeco fridge would then be an option for your camping outings as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
In my opinion the best bang for the buck is the Rockpals 300w. I use the Tanetcell 24v to 24v cable and use it as a UPS. I also I have my watch and phone connected to it also and it works great. The only thing that might bother you is the slight fan noise when using it as a UPS. The battery stays fully charged at 12.6v. 

Rockpals will swear up and down that you can’t use the talent cell 24v cable because the resmed is 90w and the output on the 24v port is 72w. The reason you can is because it doesn’t actually pull that much juice unless the pressure is at 20, the heated hose on 86F/30c and humidifier on 8. I initially plugged it into the AC outlet to see how many watts it was and at my settings of 9-13cmh20, climate control auto and hose temp 68F it only got up to between 30-40w. I think they just want you to buy their dc-dc converter.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,793 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 202 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 229 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,428 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,881 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Stomach Sleeper Mask Options LikeaGlove90 13 1,158 12-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Just received Phillips refurb ASV machine - options? Labromaniac 3 517 11-20-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.