Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Positiional Apnea - what to look for in Oscar data?
Positiional Apnea - what to look for in Oscar data?
Is it a load of events clustered together? Do we have any examples?

And, am I right, CPAP can't fix that?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Positiional Apnea - what to look for in Oscar data?
It is clusters of Oa or H events. And yes you can fix it but not using cpap. You must find the position you are in that causes the apne. Sleeping on your back or any time your chin drops to your sternum. Maybe to high of a pillow can do it.

If simple changing sleeping position doesn’t do it you will need a collar. There is a link in my signature.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2023, 07:27 AM)staceyburke Wrote: It is clusters of Oa or H events. And yes you can fix it but not using cpap. You must find the position you are in that causes the apne. Sleeping on your back or any time your chin drops to your sternum. Maybe to high of a pillow can do it.

If simple changing sleeping position doesn’t do it you will need a collar. There is a link in my signature.

thanks. Already got a collar.... Its not the most sturdy but I had trouble finding one big enough to be honest.
Post Reply Post Reply
This may help in sizing. I have been using the Caldera Releaf for years, but have to replace them every 2-3 months as they break down. I’m trying a new one from Amazon from a company called Nimood which is a bit firmer.

[attachment=55397]

Here is the wiki link to answer your question about identifying positional apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
this link has a good example of what to look for in OSCAR
https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate on Oscar shows no data for my minute and a half at a time Sleepwarrior12345 2 173 Yesterday, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Sleepwarrior12345
  New to Apnea and APAP, looking for OSCAR feedback myklu 4 101 04-26-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: myklu
  [Pressure] interpreting OSCAR data NicoFR 31 2,143 04-25-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: NicoFR
  [CPAP] Need help analyzing OSCAR data user357 2 156 04-24-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: user357
  Any insight on this data from OSCAR? jake79 2 155 04-23-2024, 08:49 AM
Last Post: jake79
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 182 04-19-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: rygonzo93
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,441 04-18-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.