Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP, just used OSCAR for the first time, should I be concerned?(Cheyne Stoke)
RE: New to CPAP, just used OSCAR for the first time, should I be concerned?(Cheyne Stoke)
I'll work on getting accustomed to falling asleep without ramp. I'm slightly unaccustomed to the therapy just because I hadn't been using the CPAP after the 30 day period required by insurance, since it wasn't improving my sleep, but I expect it will be an easy enough transition back to it. I'll try out your settings tonight and post results. Do you see any issue with the leak rate? I thought i read that ResMed leak rate reporting was only above 24L/min but maybe this is different for the ASV?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP, just used OSCAR for the first time, should I be concerned?(Cheyne Stoke)
If you need ramp, change the setting from 45 minutes to auto until you tolerate it. Leaks are kind of high, but you didn't mention it, and these are not interfering with therapy, but can be disruptive.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah I haven't noticed the leaks at all. If they become disruptive, I'll see what I can do to improve fitting.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm still experiencing the occasional hypopnea, I'm wondering if they're occurring when i open my mouth during the night, allowing air to leak. Take a look at these sets of hypopneas and let me know what you think. I didn't have any mouth openings from what I could tell on the original CPAP, but I could see this machine making them more readily occurring.

Also wondering if a pillow change may help. I used a thinner and stiffer pillow at my girlfriend's the other night and had a .36, just about my lowest so far.

Definitely noticing some aerophagia as well, not generally enough to affect my sleep but I wake up gassy. Probably doesn't warrant any changes as long as its not disruptive.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 81 1,623 10 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 201 Yesterday, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Inspiration and Expiration Time MrIvanDrago 18 1,123 04-22-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  My insp time is always longer than my exp time...is that bad? jake79 2 102 04-22-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 22 535 04-22-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 1 92 04-22-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 12 312 04-20-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.