Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Patter - Therapy Thread
RE: Patter - Therapy Thread
Clinical Summary:       is a 74 years old female presenting to the sleep disorders center for evaluation of documented complaints of excessive daytime sleepiness. Study Protocol: The patient was studied with unattended polysomnography while breathing room air. Electrophysiologic, cardiac, movement and respiratory data was collected, scored and reported in accordance with the latest version of The AASM Manual for the Scoring of Sleep and Associated Events. Data was collected utilizing Nihon Kohden Polysmith polysomnography software via the Nomad Home Device. Technical Quality: Good, with all data being adequately obtained for interpretation. Electrophysiologic Measurements of Sleep: Lights out began at 21:52:23 with 154.5 minutes of total recording time. Snoring was present. 2 body position changes occurred throughout the course of the night. Respiratory Measurements: Respiratory analysis demonstrated 6 obstructive apneas with an apnea index of 2.3. There were 62 hypopneas, with an apnea/hypopnea index (AHI) of 26.4. Mean oxygen saturation during total sleep time was 90%. For total sleep time an SpO2 nadir of 80%, in association with a 35 second obstructive Hypopnea. A desaturation index of 19.8 /hour was seen. 13.3% of total sleep time was spent with oxygen saturations less than 89%. The patient spent 20.5 minutes with SpO2 <89%. Electrocardiographic Observations: Throughout the course of the night, the patient's mean heart rate was 88 beats per minute and a heart rate range of 73 to 107 beats per minute. Diagnostic Impression: Moderate obstructive sleep apnea with an AHI of 26.4 events per hour and a low oxygen saturation of 80%
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn’t realize there were more pages until I just went to look. In June I had no idea about any of this. Why would they only pay attention to less than 3 hours when I wore all that equipment the entire night?

[img]blob:https://www.apneaboard.com/27230edd-1452-4ae9-8e23-bac46e70eaa2[/img]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
OK thanks for including this. I'm not certain what the reasoning is for them only focusing on one section instead of the whole thing. It also looks more like you've got more hypopnea than full apnea events. Hypopnea are about half strength apnea.

I guess the main reason I asked to see this was the one short session with several CA. With info on hand, it does appear CA are going to happen in small amounts. You can attempt to avoid some by CPAP settings edits, but it will likely make overall therapy less effective and less comfortable.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 939 1 hour ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 6 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.