Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice on APAP settings
RE: Advice on APAP settings
Depending on the machine (I am not versed in all the available models) but my 550 and 560 and earlier machines have what is called FLEX. It can be set to CFLEX or AFLEX. It provides some pressure relief on exhale, and this helps new mask wearers a chance to acclimate to the treatment (aka, become compliant ).

And yes, FLEX works with CPAP as well as APAP.

You can enable FLEX without changing pressure - it may let you know whether its the inhale or exhale pressure that bothers you.

The advanced FLEX machines have a few other capabilities, like reducing pressure just before inhalation, after inhalation, so that as your body changes mode the machine waits for you to get mid-cycle (if I understand the literature right). Personally, these features never seem to sync up with my body ...guess I am an erratic breather... so they don't work for me today. But its worth looking into if you struggle with keeping the mask on.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 80 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 177 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,234 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 157 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 124 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,546 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 227 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.