Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Positional Apneas
RE: Positional Apneas
Right: Peanut + Nose = Progress.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
The pillow is indeed working very well.

As is the pain meds.

The only risk I feel with taking one pill at night is getting the habit of waking up nearly pain free.

Last night I got a low AHI of 2.40 and it was Hypopnea of 2.25 and CA of .15 with one wake up and a total sleep of 6:39:44.

I feel fairly good so far.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2013, 07:42 AM)racprops Wrote: Last night I got a low AHI of 2.40 and it was Hypopnea of 2.25 and CA of .15 with one wake up and a total sleep of 6:39:44.

I feel fairly good so far.

Congrats! I hope you continue to sleep longer and that you will eventually be pain free.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I now am getting better sleep: at lease by the numbers…I seem to avg 2 to 3 hours per sleep cycle and I am keeping my AHIs below 10 and most of the time below 5.

And I am getting a total of 8 hours out of say 10 hours of “bed time” with only one hour of wake time like this.

BUT still I am run down a lot of the time.

Yesterday I still was nearly dead to the world and only with Herculean will power did I get any work done.

So I have the hours and the AHIs looking good so I must be missing good sleep.

What is needed for good restorative sleep?

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
There is such a thing as "sleep debt", Rich. Even when you first start getting treated properly with xPAP, it can take weeks for you to "feel" a lot better. It happens very slowly in many cases. The things you mentioned seem to indicate that you're being treated properly now, but it's like any treatment - it takes time for it to work and you're not going to feel better right away.

The lack of energy does get better with most folks over time. You're just now dialed-in on your machine. Now the healing begins.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
SuperSleeper I believe your right, I am slowly getting better and better days...

I really think I am getting there.

For those that have been following my posts, thanks.

Rich

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Rich,
That's GREAT to hear, just keep up the good work and of course, keep us posted on how you do.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
OK after a week of better sleep I think I can say the battle is over.

Each day I feel better. It still is a up and down thing but the highs are getting higher and the lows less low.

I hope these threads and my battle/journey will help others.

I know all of the help and suggestions I received from here and another site and from the Vender I got the second hand system from all made this possible.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried using the RDI instead of AHI on sleepyhead?
I don't believe anything I hear and only half of what I see
Post Reply Post Reply
No I just looked and it can be switched to read RDI instead of AHI but I feel I understand AHI and so will everyone else.

I just switched and got the same reading...Sorry.. it was .29 for the first 3:25 of sleep this night.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 349 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 538 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 855 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 303 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Symptoms] Could These OSA Clusters Be Positional? Kaluni 0 82 03-18-2024, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Kaluni
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 496 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 257 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.