Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Positives and Negatives
Positives and Negatives
I'm into my third month on CPAP. The good news is I'm sleeping better. The bad news is I still don't feel rested when I get up. Also whether I use a chinstrap or full face mask doesn't seem to matter, I still have a dry mouth. I've tried the mouth rinses but I have a sensitivity to sorbitol which is in the rinse and that causes me all kinds of intestinal problems. I've set my humidifier at 30 (up from 27), still dry mouth. Does anyone have any hints to stop this. Is it something that will improve with time?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Positives and Negatives
I periodically have this same problem, easily traced back to my mouth falling open during the night - even while wearing a chin strap. I've found that sleeping on one's side alleviates the problem. Since "nothing" appears to be helping you, have you talked with your sleep doctor about your problems/issues?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see my sleep doctor until May 12. I will discuss with him then.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2014, 07:47 AM)Sandra_ON Wrote: I'm into my third month on CPAP. The good news is I'm sleeping better. The bad news is I still don't feel rested when I get up.
The first part is definitely good news, the second part (not rested) means different things for different people, depend on their expectation

For example, I've been on PAP over 3 years, I,m not expecting any day soon wake-up feeling like 20 year old again oldman

Sticking with CPAP is worth it and as far as I,m concerned problems dealing with CPAP is lots better than the alternative

Dealing with PAP problems wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...CPAP_users

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Only O2 Sat matters, or OA False positives - Part Deux rbookman 7 2,054 10-23-2017, 02:15 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.