Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Possibility of creating particular custom Event Flag?
Question 
Possibility of creating particular custom Event Flag?
Good morning.

I was hunting around the preferences area because I searched the help section and I read that I can create custom event flags and such.  So far, I have clicked some boxes, for example I put a check mark in the box for NR in the column that says OVERVIEW.

In the WAVEFORMS area, I checked a number of boxes in the OVERVIEW column.  For example, I:E RATIO.

I really want to create my own custom flag for when I get the "little double puff" shapes in the MASK PRESSURE graph.  Is there a way to do this and if so, how exactly?  because so far checking the boxes I have for the other items does not obviously appear to me.  I closed OSCAR and then re-opened it to see if it needed that, but I still can't determine if anything in the appearance of the charts has changed.

EDIT: I see where you can create CUSTOM stuff, but will I be able to title it what I want and will these give me what I am looking for?

Appreciate any clarifications.

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Possibility of creating particular custom Event Flag?
Bump2
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
The option is for a combination of time and flow restrictions with the idea being to catch events of durations shorter than 10 seconds. It is shown as experimental. Catching odd shapes in the flow, we are likely a ways away from that though some discu#ion is happening.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for responding to my post on this bonjour.

I'm pleased this has been a discussion within your organization.  It sure would be helpful if it is possible.  Especially for those of us so new to OSCAR result charts.

Look forward to any advancement in this regard.  

Regards,
Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
It's hard to understand exactly what you've tried without screenshots, but I'm guessing you tried turning on the "Custom CPAP User Event Flagging" in the CPAP preferences?

If you do that, you just get two new rows on your overview for UF1 and UF2 based on the specified flow restrictions and durations. There's currently no way to customize the labels or search for criteria other than those. It's an old experimental feature that we haven't really touched.

How would you characterize a "double puff" in the mask pressure? Could you provide a screenshot with an example of what you're looking for?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, thank you, sawinglogz.

[attachment=19130]

ApneaQuestions pointed out the "double puff" form to me in the Mask Pressure graph.

Regards,
Plmnb
Phoebe
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!

That's pretty visible with the Resmed high-resolution mask pressure data. I'd summarize the double-puff as falling pressure followed immediately by a steep rise in pressure, without any flat (low rate of change) pressure in between.

One challenge for coming up with code for things like this is that different machines don't all provide the same data. PRS1 doesn't provide high-res pressure data for CPAP/BiPAP machines until you get to ASV or ventilators. And I've never seen those produce a double-puff. (Maybe, being ventilators, they're smart enough not to do that...)

I guess maybe the Resmed starts to think you're exhaling and then changes its mind?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your interest and questions, I appreciate it.

Yeah, not sure you have been following my threads or not, but I have been deemed a "unique" case by Sleeprider.  ApneaQuestions has been of tremendous help to me.  He is the one that pointed out the "double puff" situation.  I'm pretty sure your comment/question is one of the things we have been dealing with.

I'd also love to see a way to get a flag(?) for my "car compactor" shapes in my Flow Rate graphs.  I know we can scroll through and look for them but it would be so helpful to be able to detect them more quickly.

Regards,
Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you unique, or is your machine unique? Have you seen this kind of double-puff when using a previous machine? Or is it possible your machine's defective?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thinking-about

Well, when I tried CPAP over 7 years ago and then quit after about a year or so due to still continuing to have sleep issues, (including unknowingly taking off my mask during the night), so I'm thinking this has always been an issue.  

Fast forward to now, I am on my second machine first a CPAP, now it is a BIPAP.  I started with regular BIPAP but it was advised I should try VAUTO mode. (We also had me try S I think it's called).  Still having issues.

I wasn't given all the graphs that were probably part of both the latest sleep lab studies, but I could confirm on Wed I suppose.

Thanks,
Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Ability exist to flag a chart? Plmnb 3 157 03-31-2024, 04:33 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  manual event logging for oscar capman 2 188 03-07-2024, 02:06 PM
Last Post: capman
  OSCAR code and event flags? PeaceLoveAndPizza 0 443 12-12-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Event type display MarkChap 8 968 09-16-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Can't set custom oximetry options in OSCAR Pixel Ninja 1 706 07-02-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Quick OSCAR Question re Custom Event Flagging AndyB 3 747 06-06-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: AndyB
Question Custom Y-axis Ranges for Graps/Charts ? DavidEsp 5 636 05-08-2023, 01:44 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.