Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Possible Data Search Function?
Possible Data Search Function?
This may have been asked already, and maybe this feature isn't considered needed, but it sure would be helpful to be able to input times in a box and have the graphs go straight to those times.  Like when I am on my bank app and it says input date and/or a range, or a company, or an amount, etc. and the only results you get are for that data set.

This would really cut down on having to scroll back and forth to get to a particular wanted time.  Just a little tweak for convenience?

Respectfully,
Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Possible Data Search Function?
Could you elaborate on what you're trying to do? You can already jump straight to event times from the Events tab in the Daily view.

(The date picker could certainly use improvement, though, if that's what you're thinking of!)
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh for goodness sake!  I wish I had known this months ago.  That is 80% of what I wanted to be able to do.  However, for people like me who need to view particular waves or seconds that are not part of an event, it is tedious.  Scrolling back and forth is really annoying, especially when pressed for time.  Also the fact that the smallest increments in the times below the waves are 5 second increments represented in numbers and there are tiny little lines between each 5 second increment (that don't even make sense), makes things cumbersome.

So if I wanted to view the portion of my graph at say 23:46:42 (with NO event) all I would need to do is go to a box and input 23:46:42 and voila, you are taken to that portion.  This would be especially helpful when the actual time is at the start or end of what shows up in the graph window.  This is because the times before this time or after this time don't appear in the window, it's like it is cut off.  This feature would also be extremely helpful when trying to line up times between video clips and the charts/graphs.

I hope this makes better sense about what I am asking.

Thank you SO much for your reply.

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not too hard - you can just place the cursor on the approximate time you want. Left click to zoom in, right click to zoom out. Or use the Ctrl key and scroll the mouse wheel. You can keep zooming in till you get 2 second indices (eg 23:46:22 to 23:46:24). Between those there are 10 tick marks, each of which is 0.2 of a second at this scale. Use the left and right arrow keys to scroll to the exact time you want if it's off-screen.

Quote: Also the fact that the smallest increments in the times below the waves are 5 second increments represented in numbers and there are tiny little lines between each 5 second increment (that don't even make sense), makes things cumbersome.

No, you can keep zooming in to 2 second increments. The tick marks between the numbers are always 1/10 of the increment - so 1/10 of 5 seconds = 0.5 of a second, and so on.

Quote:This is because the times before this time or after this time don't appear in the window, it's like it is cut off.

Use the left and right arrow keys to scroll left and right.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you can also use bookmarks to save times of interest?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2020, 09:06 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: I think you can also use bookmarks to save times of interest?

Yes you can. However you need to turn on the right sidebar to retrieve the bookmark listing. I'd like to see a future upgrade where bookmarks and notes are properly integrated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Deep Breathing,

Exactly right. What you describe is what I have been doing and it is in my opinion a tedious process. What can take many minutes could be done in seconds.

Just a thought if the developers were to run out of ideas for improvements to an already fabulous program. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Can I ask why you would actually want to go to an exact time with no events?

Quote:Just a thought if the developers were to run out of ideas for improvements to an already fabulous program.

There's already a very long to-do list!
Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee Good Morning DeepBreathing.

Of course you can ask.  I thought maybe you might have read my threads so I didn't detail why, I apologize.

I do have events, but I have much more of a FLOW RATE and FLOW LIMITATION issue in my case.  I can't imagine that I'm the only one with this predicament. With all the problems of people finding success with their therapy, it makes sense that things aren't always as simple as a chin-tucking problem for example.  After 2 1/2 months trying to work with my doctors and this board it appears Sleeprider may have hit the nail on the head for me.  (Well, not my doctors really).  But it has taken quite a bit of time to reach the probable conclusion that I have an intermittent issue with these areas.  (Also Tidal Volume sometimes comes into play as well).  Yesterday as a matter of fact I needed to bring my charts to the sleep doctor and I needed zooms for sections of wave forms that were NOT events.

Initially, when asked to zoom in on specific wave form areas, I had bookoo problems figuring out how to do this.  Of course if I had known about how to go directly to the events portions, that would have been of great help.  Unfortunately, when I was receiving all the help from this board it was never mentioned about going to the EVENTS section and clicking on the actual events to be brought directly to those events in the graphs.  (I'm sure this operation is covered in the user instructions, but it never occurred to me to do a search in the help directories for instruction on this search function).    

(I am on a MAC by the way, but I believe those on PCs would benefit also).  I can be pretty thick headed about some things, but I have used computers forever and it shouldn't have been such a lengthy learning curve to figure out the scrolling, and zooming operations.  Especially when needing down to the precise moments wanted.  Frustrating, annoying, and tedious best describe my experience learning how to maneuver through the graphs.  Even now, with having been able to learn to perform the procedure, it can take valuable time.

It just seems like being able to input in a little box particular times and/or ranges of time would make this awesome OSCAR program even more awesome.  I have other ideas, but this one is enough to start with I think.  Shy 

Regards,
Plmnb

EDIT:  Still can't figure out why a few weeks ago my LARGE LEAK sometimes don't show up as a little gray color in my main chart but are listed in the left detail panel.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Phoebe.  I must admit I haven't been following your threads so I wasn't aware.

You might want to have a skim through the Oscar Help system - I've tried to cover everything and make it simple to follow, but there is a huge amount of information to cover. I'm very happy to receive feedback and suggestions for improvement.

Have a look at the Daily page instructions
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 78 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,630 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Oscar is dividing up time period [likely Auto On/Off function on CPAP, see posts 5&7] guiniviere 13 2,123 09-07-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  1.5.0 New Search Functonality Causes UI Issues Gralli 14 644 09-06-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Gralli
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,028 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  ResMed ResScan 7.0 - Error: Pure virtual function called biz1219 2 1,554 06-13-2022, 07:54 AM
Last Post: biz1219

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.