Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Possible Mask Irritation
Arrow 
Possible Mask Irritation
I've had an issue with a skin irritation on sides of my face for a while now. Because I work outside in a hot and sunny climate I had always assumed that this was caused by the sun. The irritation is of the type where the skin dries out and is like a form of dermatitis. I want to pick the dried skin off my face but try to resist.

Now I'm not so sure that this is sun related. I've had the last couple of months off work after an operation and my exposure to direct sunlight has been minimal. The skin condition hasn't changed. The irritated area is halfway between my ears and my nose and is confined to the upper part of my face. What I have noticed is that this area almost exactly matches the arms of my Resmed P30i mask. This is the area where Resmed have a leather like cover over the silicon - Resmed call them soft sleeves.

I am wondering if I am having an allergic reaction to the soft sleeves. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what did you do about it?

In the image, the grey area is what I'm talking about regarding the soft sleeves

[Image: sconepillows_exploded_qrhs_greyclips.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Possible Mask Irritation
Supplier #31 sells a "Dreamwear Strap Pad" that is listed for the Resmed i Series masks. It was originally designed for the Philips Dreamwear masks which are very similar. This replaces the synthetic pads with a soft fleece sleeve. Look for this product on the web site "Strap Pad DreamWear and AirFit i Series SKU: 110-DWSPF-00"
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is just my experience with face rashes and or irritation. As I age my skin is getting more sensitive and I have found that it gets worse after I shave and maybe pet the dog then touch my face. So I got an hypoallergenic shaving cream and give myself a light shave. It seems to have helped.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
My face gets irritated for a variety of reasons, almost bordering on a rosacea /psoriasis… My skin doctor prescribes hydrocortisone cream 2%... works great.
Glen in Ft Lauderdale

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 467 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg
  Nose/Nosering Irritation Braven05 8 628 12-18-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation rebean 3 664 12-06-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Nose irritation with nasal pillows (p10) Jobaaayyy 10 988 10-24-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Jobaaayyy
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,532 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Equipment] Dreamwear mask irritation on nose septum Dean Harman 10 6,023 03-11-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Cc1263
  Skin irritation with Evora full face mask misajon 0 772 02-02-2023, 01:11 PM
Last Post: misajon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.