Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Possible Narcolepsy?
Possible Narcolepsy?
I have developed some worrying symptoms over the last week that are rather concerning and was wondering if they are CPAP related.

When I’m reading long sentences/paragraphs, I’m losing myself midway, I am closing/blinking my eyes and possibly nodding off for a few seconds... I lose track of the meaning of the sentence I’m reading, literally I never get to the end and have to start again, this repeats.

- This all seems to have coincided with me starting to use a CPAP machine last week.

Last year during my sleep study, sleep latency tests were performed on me, during which i had similar sensations, the sleep doctor told me that the results showed that potentially had had experienced narcolepsy events.

So is this connected with the CPAP use, something related to Topiramate that I’m taking or something completely different?

I can’t get to talk to my NHS Primary Doctor till next week, there is a possibility of talking to a Private Primary Doctor in the meantime, however I’m in 12week isolation due to the virus, so doing anything or going anywhere is troublesome.
- I’ve written to my sleep Doctor and to the Neurologist who put my on Topiramate for their input.

Anyone experience this ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Narcolepsy despite VPAP 10 years Geworthomd 4 860 03-05-2022, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Narcolepsy? CaptainKirk 1 908 05-13-2019, 07:31 PM
Last Post: sw33ttsunade
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Narcolepsy (TONES) study icyura10 6 1,868 08-09-2016, 08:52 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
Ohmy NARCOLEPSY ? Kate 19 6,704 01-22-2014, 02:47 PM
Last Post: JohnNJ
Question Can you have OSA and Narcolepsy at the same time? Tez62 3 4,354 04-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Tez62
  Struggling with Sleep Apnea/Narcolepsy/Dysautonomia elegant_exotics 11 6,106 03-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Shastzi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.