Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Export Length of Event Data
Export Length of Event Data
Is or could there be a way to export from OSCAR length-of-event data?

When I mouse over a given event in OSCAR, a box comes up with a description of the event and what appears to be an indication of the length of the event (in seconds?). I'd like to be able to export this length-of-event data so I can aggregate it and have a closer look at what pressure/range of pressures I'm most likely to have the least time in the night that I'm spending in events.

I've tried to manipulate the data already in the details export to supply this information, but the best I've been able to do for an "end point" to the event is the next pressure change--which of course might well be later than the event actually lasted if the machine doesn't immediately think it needs to change the pressure in response.

Thanks so much for your thoughts on this question!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Export Length of Event Data
Hi jdavidstark!  -  Welcome
First, go to the Daily screen and select the Events tab on the left side.  This will list all events and, by expanding the event type, will show the time it occurred and the length in seconds in parentheses.   Hypopneas do not have a length report by the CPAP, thus none will be listed on the report.

To export these events, go to File ⇾ Export Data ⇾ CSV Export Wizard.  In the Quick Range, select the day you wish to pull the data.  Set the Resolution option to Details.  Select a location to create this file, then select the Export.

To forewarn you, the data you seek is buried in this file.   Open the file in your favorite spreadsheet program, selecting the comma (,) as the field separator. The 3rd column, "Event", will have the name of the event type you are looking for.   I've found it easier to sort the data using this column for the sort criteria.   This will alphabetize both the events you are looking for and, all the ones you don't.  Grouping the events by type will allow you the option to delete the unwanted ones easier.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that input. I am able to do the details export as you suggest, and I hadn't noticed that hypopneas don't have lengths reported. So, that's helpful to know.

But what I seem to be missing from the details export is the lengths of the other kinds of events. Is it possible to include that data in the export somehow?

Thanks, again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry--my bad. I think I see now how the Data/Duration column gives me both pressures when there's a change and the length of the event when that's applicable. Thanks so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
You've done well, Grasshopper! Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! ;-) And I think part of my issue was that I had a bunch of Dreamstation 1 data at the beginning of the export. But it looks like the Dreamstation 1 doesn't tag event length, so that field was just coming up as all zeros until I got to the Airsense 10 section. :-P

Appreciate your help!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 81 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  manual event logging for oscar capman 2 128 03-07-2024, 02:06 PM
Last Post: capman
  OSCAR Export CSV Empty? Only Headers? Wellue/ViHealth PhadeL 0 194 03-05-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: PhadeL
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,633 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  OSCAR code and event flags? PeaceLoveAndPizza 0 398 12-12-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  OSCAR export all data each day/each moment Jan Flikweert 1 445 12-05-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.