Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Possible Sleep Apnea
Possible Sleep Apnea
So I'm frequently told I snore very loudly when I sleep. I'm told that I suddenly stop snoring for a few minutes and then start snoring again. I wake up during the middle of the night about once or twice and then get right back to sleep. During the day, I feel lethargic and lazy. I do have depression and a psychological problem (schizophrenia) but I want to rule out sleep apnea before I change the pills I'm taking.

Question: Does what I describe above sound like sleep apnea or is it something else? I have already sent in a requisition to make an appointment at a sleep clinic.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Possible Sleep Apnea
It's a sign that you might have sleep apnea.
You've taken the next step -- set up an appointment with a sleep clinic.

They will likely give you an Epworth Sleepiness Scale quiz; and setup a sleep study. Depending on the clinic; it may be in their lab; or a home study.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Possible Sleep Apnea
Hi zarpanzur,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You are doing the right thing by getting your problem checked out. What you describe sounds like it could possibly be sleep apnea.
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 217 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 348 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 287 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 74 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 123 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.