Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Reliability of Resmed Aircurve Vauto
Reliability of Resmed Aircurve Vauto
I have just puchased a new Resmed Aircurve Vauto from Supplier #33. It seems to be the perfect machine to treat my issues
It comes with a 2 year warranty, and to increase this to 5 years is an extra US$600. This equates to A$905 here in Australia. The machines cost me about A$2300 after conversion rate, shipping and customs fees, which is about have cost of a Lumis 100 S here. 

Im undecided whether to take the extra 3 years warranty at A$905.

My question is, how reliable are the Vauto machines. Have many of you needed service before 5 years?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Reliability of Resmed Aircurve Vauto
An indirect answer to your question is that most outlets in Australia sell Resmed machines with a "free" 5 year warranty. They wouldn't do that if the mean time before failure (MTBF) was less than 5 years. Of course, like all things electronic something might break two days after the warranty expires.
Post Reply Post Reply
Consumer law covers you for the expected reasonable life of the machine, without the need for extended warranty.
This covers all non disposable, "expensive" items.
It's why most places offer free extended warranty, they have to by law anyway so why not offer it as a feature?!?

The question is the reasonable life of CPAP machine, and I'm not sure what that is.
A fridge in Australia is 7 years for example. I'd guess DME would be similar, but I'm not sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good points DB and SleepyP
Resmed machines appear very reliable, so spending $900+ for 3 years extra warranty for an item I can buy for a bit over double that seems like not a good idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
That extended warranty offer is sounds like a rort if you ask me, and god knows we know rorts it Australia!!

Unless of course the warranty offers something useful like same day replacement machine delivery if a repair is needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2020, 11:23 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: An indirect answer to your question is that most outlets in Australia sell Resmed machines with a "free" 5 year warranty. They wouldn't do that if the mean time before failure (MTBF) was less than 5 years. Of course, like all things electronic something might break two days after the warranty expires.

Do you have any idea why the Vauto (or similar auto adjusting equivalent) is not sold by Resmed in Australia?  As you know the Lumis S is a fixed pressure machine .  
I would have preferred to buy here if possible despite the $$ difference
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry Mal - no idea. In another thread it seemed the Lumis 150 sold in Australia has more advanced functions than the equivalent Aircurve model sold in the States.

One thought was that compliance standards may be different in the two countries, so Resmed get the machine on to the respective markets in the easiest-to-comply configuration. I've been through the TGA website several times and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy! There does seem to be some reciprocal recognition between Australia, EU, USA, Canada, Japan and the UK. However it's not at all clear how this works and whether it applies to all devices. https://www.tga.gov.au/comparable-overse...plications
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 132 4 hours ago
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 378 Yesterday, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,110 Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 67 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 203 8,291 03-17-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 98 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 678 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.