Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Possible UARS Sufferer?
RE: Possible UARS Sufferer?
(02-20-2020, 12:09 PM)Geer1 Wrote: That is an example where it seems the increasing pressure did help. PS 4 on the vauto will help a fair bit and we will see what the machine does for pressure.

We don't want min epap too high but after the first few nights on vauto we will check if it should be increased a bit. It does look like your flow limitations come and go(looks to me like they might be worse in rem which is common) so vauto mode with fluctuating pressures is probably the way to go in your case so that you can use lower pressures most of the time and get higher pressure when needed.

First night with my new airsense. Don't feel much better but I feel like I was struggling with my mask a lot. Flow limits are down and flow rate have nice peaks but CA's are up.

Airsense Night 1
Post Reply Post Reply
It wont let me edit my last message but here is a link with the full night view:

Airsense Night 1

VAUTO
EPAP= 4
IPAP= 8
PS=4
Trigger = High
Post Reply Post Reply
You mean Aircurve VAuto; right?

Those settings don't make sense.

Did you put it on S mode, or does IPAP mean max IPAP.

I suggest you be on VAuto mode, with max IPAP of 10 or 12.

This will unsure you have FL tracking and that you keep pressure in a constrained range.

How many CAs?

If bad, you can.lower PS a bit.

Otherwise, keep it stable.

Usually CAs decline over time as your body adjusts (unless you had them during your sleep study).

And be patient; it's seldom that one night is a revelation ;-)
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2020, 05:49 AM)slowriter Wrote: You mean Aircurve VAuto; right?

Those settings don't make sense.

Did you put it on S mode, or does IPAP mean max IPAP.

I suggest you be on VAuto mode, with max IPAP of 10 or 12.

This will unsure you have FL tracking and that you keep pressure in a constrained range.

How many CAs?

If bad, you can.lower  PS a bit.

Otherwise, keep it stable.

Usually CAs decline over time as your body adjusts (unless you had them during your sleep study).

And be patient; it's seldom that one night is a revelation ;-)

Yeah, I thought the PS+max IPAP was supposed to = 12. So, ill set the IPAP Max to 12 tonight and give it a go. I had about 11 CA's.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah lets try IPAP max of 12 and give it a few nights to see what happens. Your flow limitations were better and ventilation was up a bit but it does look like you were having a number of arousals. It might have just been a bad night or like you say the mask issue and new settings etc.

What is your height and weight (for determining ventilation requirements)?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2020, 09:12 AM)Geer1 Wrote: Yeah lets try IPAP max of 12 and give it a few nights to see what happens. Your flow limitations were better and ventilation was up a bit but it does look like you were having a number of arousals. It might have just been a bad night or like you say the mask issue and new settings etc.

What is your height and weight (for determining ventilation requirements)?

Yeah, I woke up a descent amount due to the mask. It makes my nose itch for whatever reason. Im getting a new F30i in tomorrow so hopefully that will help. 

Heigh: 5'8"
Weight 150lbs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tidal volume is usually 6-8 ml/kg. 150 lbs would imply 408-544. Before you were just outside of this and now you are just inside.

Lets give it a few days and see how things look.
Post Reply Post Reply
One week into bipap and here are my results: 1 Week on BiPap

These are probably the best they'll look. Not really feeling better but perhaps it takes time..
Brain Fog Sufferer - 3 Years and counting.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lets see some zoomed in examples, when doing so post 2 min durations and show the flow rate chart and mask pressure chart.

Around 1:05 and 3:05 caught my eye. These seem to indicate reduced breathing leading up to arousals. If you think there is anything else that looks odd/interesting post an example.

One thing that caught my eye was that your inspiration time was only 1 second and your tidal volume is on low side. What is your Timin and Timax set to? Do you ever feel like the machine is trying to supply or reduce pressure to early or late?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2020, 11:43 AM)Geer1 Wrote: Lets see some zoomed in examples, when doing so post 2 min durations and show the flow rate chart and mask pressure chart.

Around 1:05 and 3:05 caught my eye. These seem to indicate reduced breathing leading up to arousals. If you think there is anything else that looks odd/interesting post an example.

One thing that caught my eye was that your inspiration time was only 1 second and your tidal volume is on low side. What is your Timin and Timax set to? Do you ever feel like the machine is trying to supply or reduce pressure to early or late?

Heres a zoomed in example: https://imgur.com/enmmNXW

My settings are:

Ti Max= 1
Ti Min 0.5s
Tiger = Very High

My breathing felt fine to me. I had my Ti Max = 2 and it was definitely holding for too long.
Brain Fog Sufferer - 3 Years and counting.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 3 819 11 hours ago
Last Post: gzaw
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 22 445 03-17-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 4 489 03-11-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 485 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  UARS suspected - how set IPAP and EPAP jrcifani5005 20 1,026 03-05-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: jrcifani5005
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 941 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 833 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.