Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Possible bug wrt Pulse Rate Reporting?
Possible bug wrt Pulse Rate Reporting?
Hi! Thank you so much to everyone involved with OSCAR, it's truly wonderful. I may have stumbled upon a bug in how Viatom (and possibly other?) Pulse Rate data are reported. I noticed it because I looked a bit unusually healthy on my OSCAR stats (ha). 

With the first image here you can see Oscar is reporting the heart rate spike as being at 56.85 bpm. However, if you look to the y-axis to the Left, you'll see it is much closer to 75 bpm. The second image is from the Wellue O2 Ring's internal reporting. You can see from this image that this spike is indeed closer to 75 bpm. All the values seem to be similarly underreported.

Unrelatedly, I note that when I go to Preferences --> Oximetry and try to change the values for flagging, then hit OK, if I return to this menu, those values have always reset. This seems to be an separate bug impacting flagging on the basis of custom HR or SPO2 rates.

Thanks again!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Possible bug wrt Pulse Rate Reporting?
I would zoom in (drag over) that section around the spike and ensure that you are actually measuring the peak. At that resolution there's too much chance you are missing the actual peak of the spike. I have no issues with viewing exact pulse rate values provided you are zoomed in sufficiently. CPAP values have issues if you have clock drift configured (will be fixed in the next release).

Regarding the flagging values, I think that's a known bug. There's a comment from sawinglogz that 'This isn't specific to Viatom. Those fields don't work at all. You need to change the threshold in Preferences > Waveforms > Oximeter Waveforms' but I'm not sure how that helps... might take a look at it myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Viatom/Wellue devices sample in 4-second intervals.  For some reason, the ViHealth app, for Android and iPhone, records samples at a 2-second interval by repeating each value.   Each value is reported as an integer, meaning that each number is a whole number without any decimal component.  With the spike coming from a 58-ish to a 77-ish at the current zoom resolution and the value displayed is a decimal value, it is very possible for you not to be directly on the exact point but slightly askew.  Your current display is set at a 5-hour span (18000 seconds).  That equates to 4500 (18000/4) sample points being displayed. I would recommend that you zoom in to a 1 to 2 minute time span and look at the value at a higher resolution again.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nape, Kappa. Thanks for the explanation! I checked and it was definitely a resolution/interval issue on my part. Should I delete this thread?
Post Reply Post Reply
No, if you had this problem, then others might too.  Reading other member's posts serve to help educate oneself.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 108 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 613 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Flow Rate and Mask pressure missing BuzzaJim 9 529 01-30-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  OSCAR Reports do not appear to have O2 and Pulse Data SKPC 5 547 12-31-2023, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Added a new pulse oximeter importer... spacewrench 124 19,815 12-28-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  First OSCAR Report - Leak Rate jfkaess 11 1,684 11-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Multiple machine reporting briano52 2 475 10-19-2023, 11:59 PM
Last Post: briano52

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.