Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Possible glitch or something to be concerned about?
RE: Possible glitch or something to be concerned about?
My DME supplier is stuck on fitting me and providing Dreamwear masks. I just did a quick search on the Resmed Airfit P10. I'm going to give the DME supplier a phone call tomorrow and ask about it and any other masks that could possibly help with fitting correctly. I'll be honest, based off my DME supplier I didn't know they were interchangeable with the Dreamstation. I'm learning a lot today. Thank you so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
Everything is interchangeable but I would bet your DME has an exclusive sales agreement with Philips. It is good for profit margins due to incentives but not so good for consumers choice.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
IMO, tell the DME what mask you want. If they say they can't/won't provide it, OK we'll take our business elsewhere. If insurance is involved, check their in-network list for the other DMEs nearby. Try those as a possible source for the P10. If insurance isn't involved, try the Supplier list at the top of the screen. I have always acted on the premise that the mask is my choice not the DMEs who happens to not be wearing this mask every night.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great-info
Well Said and I most certainly agree. I've tried every mask Dreamwear has (to be stuck with the nasal pillow that the DME supplier claims I'll adjust to along with air leaks and low O2 saturation) I'm so glad I came here for help.

(07-27-2020, 07:09 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: IMO, tell the DME what mask you want. If they say they can't/won't provide it, OK we'll take our business elsewhere. If insurance is involved, check their in-network list for the other DMEs nearby. Try those as a possible source for the P10. If insurance isn't involved, try the Supplier list at the top of the screen. I have always acted on the premise that the mask is my choice not the DMEs who happens to not be wearing this mask every night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Best to ya on quick and successful mask supplier/DME search.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have worn the regular Wisp mask for nearly 5 years--it was the original choice of the doctor (used it for sleep study) and the DME. I've tried two Dreamwear cushions and didn't like them and a F&P Brevida nasal cushion mask--it is too big and can't be adjusted for my small head and nose. The Wisp can be ordered with a petite cushion and a small headgear.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 161 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Should I Be Concerned? breathingeasy 4 362 01-09-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to CPAP, just used OSCAR for the first time, should I be concerned?(Cheyne Stoke) breckenk 23 2,223 11-20-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: breckenk
  UARS - Concerned about flow limitations - where to go from here?? jekettex 13 1,101 10-05-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Concerned with the Leak Rate lazytower 4 763 07-04-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: zynsa
  Should I be concerned with this type pattern adrift 14 1,317 05-24-2023, 07:53 PM
Last Post: adrift
  New user - concerned I’m getting screwed Hoosier1857 7 799 04-19-2023, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.