Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Possible glitch or something to be concerned about?
Possible glitch or something to be concerned about?

This is the first time this has happened since I've been using Oscar to get my data from my machine. I am still relatively new to all this but am concerned at the not breathing it is reading. It reads for 1 minute, breathing not detected, then for another 28 minutes breathing not detected.

I'm not sure how to attach file either as it's asking for url. BUt I'm going to do my best attaching it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Possible glitch or something to be concerned about?
It looks to me that there were reported very high leak rates about the same time as that breathing not detected segment just after 10:00 to about 10:30. It could be that the leaks prevented the PAP machine from knowing what was going on during that span of time.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thank you. I seem to panic when it is missing my breathing, heart rate and O2 information. I sleep with the pulse ox on my finger at night due to Nocturnal Hypoxemia. Here's another Screenshot from Oscar.
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to change the Y-Axis range for your SpO2 and pulse. Just right click on the scale next to the title of the chart, and choose Y-Axis, Override. The appropriate scale for SpO2 is probably 80 to 100, and the scale for pulse if 50 to 90. The auto-scale is really making those charts useless.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree totally about the autoscale!!! I want to see the raw data, not an autoscale plot! Sleeprider points out the ranges of the various plots are indeed user controllable, I learned something new about OSCAR today! Kudos to the developers for giving the user the ability to manually changes the scale on the Y-axis!

I am also interested in the drop out for the pulse oximitry data and I'm looking into better hardware to correct the issue. So I am wondering if you would discuss your observations relative to your pulse oximitry hardware and how reliable it is. If you're using the unbranded Chinese pulse oximetry hardware, you should expect drop outs as the hardware is unspec'd and is not suitable (IMHO) for our use (which is more demanding than just a one time intermittent reading (screening) like you get at the hospital or in your doctors office). I will PM you, so as NOT to further pollute/hijack this thread.

W1ABA
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, Thank you. I changed the settings but lost all the data for today in the graphs. Hopefully tomorrow it shows back up.

I've noticed I have a lot of air leaks. I've tried every mask possible and am currently using to the nasal pillow. The nasal cushion slid around to much on my face and my air leaks were worse with it. I'm thinking of changing masks at this point.

Any other suggestions for help with settings to make the graphs easier to read?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2020, 07:27 AM)BB63 Wrote: I agree totally about the autoscale!!! I want to see the raw data, not an autoscale plot! Sleeprider points out the ranges of the various plots are indeed user controllable, I learned something new about OSCAR today! Kudos to the developers for giving the user the ability to manually changes the scale on the Y-axis!

I am also interested in the drop out for the pulse oximitry data and I'm looking into better hardware to correct the issue. So I am wondering if you would discuss your observations relative to your pulse oximitry hardware and how reliable it is. If you're using the unbranded Chinese pulse oximetry hardware, you should expect drop outs as the hardware is unspec'd and is not suitable (IMHO) for our use (which is more demanding than just a one time intermittent reading (screening) like you get at the hospital or in your doctors office). I will PM you, so as NOT to further pollute/hijack this thread.

W1ABA

I don't see a private message so I'll reply here. I have Nocturnal Hypoxemia and my Dr and I agreed it needed to be monitored in case they needed to do another overnight study sooner rather than later in case they possibly needed to add oxygen to my nightly routine.

I'm using the Phillips Nonin Xpod with fingertip pulse/ox that connects to my Dreamstation. It was an expensive out of pocket cost and I'm considering another device. Number 1 reason being my DME cannot access the data and transfer to my Doctor. Thankfully I have been able to with the use of Oscar. Number 2 reason - It stays on my finger all night but as you can see from the graphs, there are numerous times it's blank as if it fell off my finger (which is not the case) It also keeps me sleeping most of the night on one side only which is bothersome when I toss and turn. Feel free to PM me if you'd like more information than I've provided here.
Post Reply Post Reply
What brand and model mask are you using? It sounds like you move during your sleep and that can be a problem with some masks. Before you bail on this, are you using any kind of CPAP tube suspension? Using a hanger or feather can enable the tube to move with you rather than dragging off the mask. Also just in general a fleece tube cover can make life a lot more comfortable, and is under $20.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm wearing the Philips Respironics Dreamwear Gel mask with the nasal pillow cushion. I learned from this group to hang my tube quickly to prevent rain out which occurred frequently the first month I started on therapy. Changed to a heated tube the next month. I have a small face and small nose and it took forever for the DME supplier to get my fitting right. I tried the dreamwisp and the DME had to fit me with a petite nose piece. It didn't work out for me because the machine would blow it off my face in the middle of the night. I actually woke up to it air farting on my face/nose. (There is no easier way to explain it)  If they made the nasal pillows smaller (they don't that I'm aware of), I think my therapy would work better.

Also trying to get the nocturnal hypoxemia under control and thinking a better fitting mask might help with that as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like the Swift LT 2. Have you ever considered trying the Resmed Airfit P10? I have not tried your mask and it may be fine, but not based on your description.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 158 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Should I Be Concerned? breathingeasy 4 361 01-09-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to CPAP, just used OSCAR for the first time, should I be concerned?(Cheyne Stoke) breckenk 23 2,220 11-20-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: breckenk
  UARS - Concerned about flow limitations - where to go from here?? jekettex 13 1,099 10-05-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Concerned with the Leak Rate lazytower 4 763 07-04-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: zynsa
  Should I be concerned with this type pattern adrift 14 1,315 05-24-2023, 07:53 PM
Last Post: adrift
  New user - concerned I’m getting screwed Hoosier1857 7 798 04-19-2023, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.