Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Possible loss of machine power at night
Possible loss of machine power at night
Hello the board, I woke up yesterday morning 6am-ish. I was in a stupor, very bad. Bi-Pap showed 5 hours of sleep, AHI of about 14. (typical 3 to 8) Pressures abnormally high. I went to bed around 10PM. Something bad happened. Loaded Sleepyhead this evening. (this is a huge program!!).

It shows no breathing detected for 172 minutes (2:30am ->) . What I do not know was if I lost power for that time, or my mask was off. I had two decades of wearing a mask, I do not believe I took it off. I am supposing I lost power, but did not wake up, and keep my mask on. Obviously was not getting good air. Bi-PaP was running when I woke up, It is set for auto turn on when I breath. The very few times I have not worn my mask were never like this.

I am assuming (yes, I know what it can mean) that when the Bi-pap came back on, that data for 172 minutes was not recorded.

I was told I would WAKE UP when that happened. But I did not.

Makes me want a battery backup right now.

Anybody on the forum have a power loss at night and slept thru it. How did you feel that morning?

Scary, Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Possible loss of machine power at night
How about posting the screenshot for events, pressure, flow, leaks... We'll try to pick through it to see what might have happened.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Possible loss of machine power at night
Hello justMongo, yes I will do that. As I am learning more with sleepyhead, I see it is a MAJOR leak that occurred. Also visible on other nights, but not nearly as long. Shortest occurrences probably are bathroom visits, when taking the mask off. I also am seeing very disturbing AHI graphs, where the average value is deceptive. Will post, probably tomorrow morning.

Stan.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 217 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,250 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 391 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 5 1,725 11-15-2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 261,263 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirCurve power problem Shamus54 10 942 10-30-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Shamus54
  Resmed Airsense 11 blowing full power with no leaks bcodemz 2 844 10-29-2023, 07:57 PM
Last Post: bcodemz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.