Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Possible loss of machine power at night
Hello the board, I woke up yesterday morning 6am-ish. I was in a stupor, very bad. Bi-Pap showed 5 hours of sleep, AHI of about 14. (typical 3 to 8) Pressures abnormally high. I went to bed around 10PM. Something bad happened. Loaded Sleepyhead this evening. (this is a huge program!!).

It shows no breathing detected for 172 minutes (2:30am ->) . What I do not know was if I lost power for that time, or my mask was off. I had two decades of wearing a mask, I do not believe I took it off. I am supposing I lost power, but did not wake up, and keep my mask on. Obviously was not getting good air. Bi-PaP was running when I woke up, It is set for auto turn on when I breath. The very few times I have not worn my mask were never like this.

I am assuming (yes, I know what it can mean) that when the Bi-pap came back on, that data for 172 minutes was not recorded.

I was told I would WAKE UP when that happened. But I did not.

Makes me want a battery backup right now.

Anybody on the forum have a power loss at night and slept thru it. How did you feel that morning?

Scary, Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
How about posting the screenshot for events, pressure, flow, leaks... We'll try to pick through it to see what might have happened.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello justMongo, yes I will do that. As I am learning more with sleepyhead, I see it is a MAJOR leak that occurred. Also visible on other nights, but not nearly as long. Shortest occurrences probably are bathroom visits, when taking the mask off. I also am seeing very disturbing AHI graphs, where the average value is deceptive. Will post, probably tomorrow morning.

Stan.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Backup power options for CPAP machines terp1984 22 872 10-22-2017, 03:53 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  [Equipment] Resmed S-9 power supply Travellingcpap 5 119 10-21-2017, 11:43 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 49 21,575 10-18-2017, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Proprietary ResMed A10 Power Connector Electrical Details Snoopy.pa30 24 862 09-21-2017, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Snoopy.pa30
  ResMed AirSense 10 not holding power in Paris ChrisW212 7 240 09-18-2017, 03:22 PM
Last Post: ChrisW212
  Can you use a power strip with an xpap? HalfAsleep 24 924 09-16-2017, 12:12 AM
Last Post: Sheepish
  700 or 1000 watt power inverter for Resmed S9? Lanco 20 437 09-12-2017, 10:03 AM
Last Post: archangle