Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Possible treatment for central sleep apnea
RE: Possible treatment for central sleep apnea
(01-13-2013, 08:45 PM)cruzer43 Wrote: ZONK
I'm disappointed that you've so quickly dismissed my finding simply because you've never heard of it before.
you don,t need to be disappointed, you posted in public forum and we all see things differently
for me when coconut is mentioned, food come to mind .. hence the coconut macaroon picture

to make an educated guess, one need to know the statistics and take a look at the detailed data

please see case study 1, 2, and 3 of Resscan Report Interpretation Guide
http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow!
I like the look of ResScan software!
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow!
I like the look of ResScan software!
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh I see after me computer froze for a while it spit out 2 posts the same?
Is that like us as we get older we tend to repeat our selves?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2013, 02:05 AM)dcgrafix Wrote: Is that like us as we get older we tend to repeat our selves?

I guess so
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2013, 02:05 AM)dcgrafix Wrote: Is that like us as we get older we tend to repeat our selves?

I guess so.
Post Reply Post Reply
PaulaO2,

Thanks for your explanation. I never understood the importance of the flow rate.

From what I've heard and read, my average of 10 CSA's per night is much less than what many other people have. I've grateful for that, however, it's not zero.

Your problem set up (keeping everything the same and keeping complete notes) is exactly what I'm concerned about. I can't do a perfect job unless I kept a journal of everything I did and why. That's not going to happen.

The only practical answer to my problem is to identify the top 4 or 5 of the possible contributing factors and include them in the study. You mentioned a few and I will see how they can be included. If other factors come to mind, please pass them on to me.

Short of doing a perfect job, I'm faced with either discontinuing the study or accepting incomplete results. My results are real and I will be continuing the study of comparing the level of fats in my evening meal to the number of CSA's. That means that, while my results will be incomplete, I will be sleeping better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings, cruzer43--I believe Paula's explanation hit a number of factors that can and apparently do influence our sleep each night and which are reflected in our machine's reporting numbers. Each morning, before I put the Autoset back in its case, I look at the statistics available on the machine's screen. I never know beforehand what I'm going to see for the just-ended night's sleep. Pressure, AI, AHI, Central, Leakage can all be different than they were the night before. So, I'd question your (or anyone's) ability to correctly include the top 4 or 5 of the possible contributing factors in a study (while excluding the unknown others). My guess is that something like mental state is simply too complex to categorize. Plus, I'm sure it has much to do with our subconscious. However, your being able to sleep better by completing the study is certainly a very desirable result. So, go for it and good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2013, 05:00 AM)Moriarty Wrote:

I guess so

(01-14-2013, 05:01 AM)Moriarty Wrote:

I guess so.

Snicker, snicker... Big Grinnie Whistle

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2013, 12:31 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I just don't see how a single fatty meal would interfere with the lung/heart O2/CO2 exchange for the same night. I can see how perhaps it would make you sleep deeper since you are fuller. Or it would perhaps make you sleep lighter because you are fuller or indigestion. But those factors would add more obstructive events, not more central events.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't believe he is suggesting the fatty meal is affecting his lung/heart O2/CO2 exchange. Rather, he's postulating that it's impacting his brain function (in a positive way) and resulting in less CAs.

I don't think he's trying to convince anyone to go buy virgin coconut oil, but it's an interesting observation. I appreciate him sharing it with the forum!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 601 7 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 58 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 246 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,523 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 355 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,405 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 616 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.