Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Possibly dubious things my sleep doctor said. Opinions needed.
RE: Possibly dubious things my sleep doctor said. Opinions needed.
(01-09-2019, 05:06 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The collar did its job. The problem here is you're stuck at a minute vent of about 3-L/min for a long time, and that may not adequately ventilate you.

You're talking about the period from about 2:17 to 3:50 AM, aren't you, where there are no apneas at all.
These 3 strip chart segments cover that time period. What do you think?

Edit: Oh, I guess the last one goes an hour beyond that, to about halfway through the section of CAs.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2019, 10:26 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: It sounds like progress, but we will have to wait and see. I'd like to see you at least get a trial on the 2-L/min Oxygen bleed. I think it will make a big difference in how you feel.  It might be equally good on CPAP or by simple canula delivery, espcecially with the soft collar.  As long as the obstruction is dealt with by the collar, the centrals should be minimal.

Patty called from the DME today to warn me that she doesn't have any idea whether my insurance will cover it, so it looks like I'll be trying it out for $150 for a month, worst case scenario. I'm certainly not going to wait for the pre-approval process; it would take weeks, she said. 

She'll do her best with the insurance submission, I think. She knows I'm caught between a rock and a hard spot, having inched down my pressure and my time per night in order to be able to eat.

DH didn't seem too happy about it. I told him, if it works, we'll buy one. (He doesn't realize they're over $2,000. At least the portable ones I was looking at.)
Post Reply Post Reply
See if you're qualified for a replacement tube yet, and request the ClimateLineAir ™ Oxy Tubing for AirSense 10.
Portable is nice if you travel, otherwise, it can sit in another room so the noise does not bother you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2019, 09:52 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: See if you're qualified for a replacement tube yet, and request the ClimateLineAir ™ Oxy Tubing for AirSense 10.
Portable is nice if you travel, otherwise, it can sit in another room so the noise does not bother you.

Thanks. If the tech insists on the Oxy tube, I'll probably have to pay for it. I qualify for a new tube Feb. 29th/March 1st (started Nov. 29th).

Do I need the wider tube? I've got the ClimateLineAir™ now, and my pressure is only 6 cm.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good news: I found an herbal formula that actually helps control my gut-aches from eating. It's a TCM formula used for vomiting /belching /distension, and it treats reflux and anorexia, among other things. It works a heck of a lot better than Zantac so far. I managed to eat more after I started it yesterday.

Zantac seems to make my gut-aches worse; this formula actually gets rid of the gut pain (but not the distension). It is also helping to vent the air I swallowed last night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2019, 01:02 PM)picante Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 09:52 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: See if you're qualified for a replacement tube yet, and request the ClimateLineAir ™ Oxy Tubing for AirSense 10.

Do I need the wider tube? I've got the ClimateLineAir™ now, and my pressure is only 6 cm.
Ignore this question -- Patty at the DME just answered it.
Post Reply Post Reply
So you know the Oxy tubing has the air bleed adapter right?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2019, 05:19 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: So you know the Oxy tubing has the air bleed adapter right?

Yes, thanks, Sleeprider, I saw the problem when the tech tried to hook up his adapter there. I won't qualify for more tubing until end of Feb. Since this is a trial, I'll make do with the way the tech fed it in this aft.: the adapter is between the hose and the elbow that attaches to the Airfit F20.

The machine is overkill, so I'll probably be looking for a portable one once I find out whether insurance will cover it or not.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 49 853 03-25-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 585 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,715 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,517 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.