Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Post Sleep Study Questions
RE: Post Sleep Study Questions
Thanks Everybody, I don't have a "Sleep Doctor" this go around and the last one I saw that claimed to be one did not seem very knowledgeable. So I have to work with my Primary care doctor. I'll be calling them today, it sounds like I need to have them request the full sleep study on disc if they did not already do so.

BS aka BigSnore
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2014, 10:26 AM)BigSnore Wrote: 2) I don't think my Primary care physician is really up on what to write the scripts for? Is there any advice on what to request that she writes on the scripts?

It will help you get an APAP if the script specifies a pressure range, even a small one. They can't legally fill that prescription with a manual CPAP, and you don't have the insurance problems that you might get with "dispense as written."
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Archangle, I do want an auto and having the Pri Physician write a range makes sense.

Are you staying with the Swift FX? That's what I have now and really like it. But I was thinking of going with the AirFit P10, I'm not sure that I like the fact that the straps aren't adjustable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 153 5 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 158 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 239 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 77 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,981 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 187 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.