Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Post Sleep Study Questions
Post Sleep Study Questions
I'm a long time CPAP user (15 years). I just had a sleep study, 2 night baseline plus titration. The base line was miserable.

Here are the questions.
1) how is the best way to get the complete set of reports? I'm told that everything goes through my primary care physician now (She wrote the script for the study). The last study before I got everything from the sleep center, reports, scripts etc.

2) I don't think my Primary care physician is really up on what to write the scripts for? Is there any advice on what to request that she writes on the scripts?

I was thinking about the S9 AutoSet with H5i Heated Humidifier
and the new AirFit P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask
3) Is there anything else I should think about?

I really liked the polysomnographer that performed the test. He was very knowledgeable, although he smoked like a fiend and basically smelled like a lit cigarette. I went home with a new mask(actually nasal pillows) and was told he didn't know where I got it, and "say you found it on the side of the road" if asked. It was a Swift FX as far as I can tell. My old mask was the original swift.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Post Sleep Study Questions
Ask for the complete sleep study reports for both nights from both the sleep study center and your doctor.
Insist to whatever degree the situation requires as you are entitled to those reports.
Escalate your request as needed between asking nicely to application of a "joint lock."

If that's the equipment you want, then have the doc write it specifically and add: "dispense as written."
Also, get an Rx for "CPAP supplies as needed."
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
If you live in the US, you are entitled to copies of your medical records under the HIPPA laws.

They may not send your doctor the entire report, but a summary of it. Even if they send the entire thing, it will still include a summary. It will be that summary that will contain the info you and she needs. The titration report will say something about what pressure got the best results.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BigSnore,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The S9AutoSet with H5I Humidifier and the AirFit P10 is a great choice, of course there are other good machines and masks out there though.
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and best of luck with your continuation of CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BigSnore,

to check and set all things for the S9 just press the "Set Up" key and the turn knob simultanously for a few seconds.

Voila, the "very special don't-do-this-at-home" menu appears Wink

Have fun with the S9,

Mac
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2014, 01:15 PM)Mac_Sheepcounter Wrote: Hi BigSnore,

to check and set all things for the S9 just press the "Set Up" key and the turn knob simultanously for a few seconds.

Have fun with the S9,

Mac

THANK YOU!!!! I feel like I just unlocked the next level on a video game! :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2014, 01:15 PM)Mac_Sheepcounter Wrote: Hi BigSnore,

Have fun with the S9,

Mac
Hi Mac_Sheepcounter,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
@RicaLynn: Tell me, if you played it through successfully. I still fight with massive leaking Sad
@trish6hundred: Thanks for the welcome Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
1) I just called the prescribing doc's (my sleep doc) office and asked them to email it to me -- or you could go buy and pick up a CD from them.

2) Ask the primary for a referrel to a sleep doc -- unless you can't afford that (and insurance won't cover it) that should be the best chance for getting someone trained in the specialty to help you find the right therapy.

3) Even sleep docs are either not THAT knowledgeable or don't have the time and data to REALLY find YOU the best therapy for YOU so there is tons of stuff to learn (most available here or in Google searches) but difficult to assimilate all at once if you are knew to the subject.

My main job(s) involve rapidly studying and correlating large amounts of technical data and this was even VERY DIFFICULT for me to accomplish. I could not have succeeded (in time to get my machine) without this forum, the 'other forum', and a few more web sites.

MOST people don't manage that understanding and assimilation until well after they obtain their first machine and getting the right machine is something of a lucky draw.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2014, 10:26 AM)BigSnore Wrote: 2) I don't think my Primary care physician is really up on what to write the scripts for? Is there any advice on what to request that she writes on the scripts?

I was thinking about the S9 AutoSet with H5i Heated Humidifier
and the new AirFit P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask

If you are getting a new machine, the brand new ResMed "AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her" model is more advanced than the new "AirSense 10 AutoSet" or the "S9 AutoSet" models.

The new "AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her" is same price as the new "AirSense 10 AutoSet" but reports more data and and has more options.

Men give up nothing and get more options and more data by getting the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her" model.

Only the "AutoSet For Her" model reports RERA (Respiratory Effort Related Arousal) events. And the For Her model does this in all therapy modes: fixed-pressure "CPAP" mode, standard "AutoSet" mode and "AutoSet For Her" mode. The standard A10 AutoSet and the S9 AutoSet machines only have two modes ("CPAP" mode and standard "AutoSet" mode) and do not report RERA events at all.

(There are a couple threads on this topic.)

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 147 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 7 118 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 221 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 74 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 529 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,867 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.