Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Post nasal drip and blocked ears
Post nasal drip and blocked ears
Hi there. 

I'm 2 months in with my APAP. For the last week or so I've been waking up all night with coughing due to post nasal drip and my ears are blocked each morning. I've been using my net pot a few times per day, steroid nasal spray and taking an antihistamine. 

I've tried lower and higher humidity settings....

I know that I must be getting congested when I sleep and the pressure from the APAP is helping the fluid to stay up in my ears and sinuses. 

Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can be more comfortable? I'm hoping that this won't last for the entire allergy season (most of the year in California). 

Best,
Darci
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Post nasal drip and blocked ears
When it gets really bad for me  Crying-into-tissue and humidity, nasal sprays or other antihistamines don't work, one thing that helps is to take a couple of (over the counter) Reactine Sinus + Allergy tablets a couple of hours before bedtime. In fact, it's the only thing that really works when all else fails. That said, it's probably important that you consult your physician.

[Image: reactine-allergy-sinus-30.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 973 363,868 05-20-2019, 05:30 AM
Last Post: KendallByrd
  Is this image of Sleepyhead the correct way to post on forums? Also, how am I doing?! vroomvroom 21 569 03-17-2019, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trying to find post re: SenTec transdermal CO2 monitor mdmarmd 3 175 02-27-2019, 05:34 AM
Last Post: crowtor
  Anyone have surgery for either - Nasal Septum Deviation or Perforated Nasal Septum? My3rd3y3 3 296 02-09-2019, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Dawnstar
  Follow-up (with charts) from initial post by my wife Domino 7 359 01-22-2019, 09:49 AM
Last Post: bonjour
  [Equipment] Tube blocked Error in Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset ddsr 3 329 01-20-2019, 11:26 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Information [Symptoms] Blocked expiration Drajb 7 370 11-26-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Drajb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.