Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please Help Optimize Aircurve 10 VPap Settings
RE: Please Help Optimize Aircurve 10 VPap Settings
Running two different cards. I think there might be something wrong with machine. It’s a rental.

Hey wrt detailed data… I remember my sleep tech showing me detailed graphs of my sleep  on his computer. Was a while ago so I might be misremembering…. Is it possible that air sense 11 can upload detailed over SIM card? Does that mean resmed might have copies in their cloud storage?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there, I was wondering if there was any update on this particular issue..? I believe the more focussed therapeutic device would be ASV in this instance, which would eliminate the lag experienced when using VPAP (which can have the potential to allow hypopnoeas and other ‘partial’ [other than apnoeas] airway events), and respond very efficiently to your method of breathing that is very similar to Cheyne-Stokes…that’s my humble opinion Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2022, 02:12 AM)Peach25 Wrote: Hi there, I was wondering if there was any update on this particular issue..? I believe the more focussed therapeutic device would be ASV in this instance, which would eliminate the lag experienced when using VPAP (which can have the potential to allow hypopnoeas and other ‘partial’ [other than apnoeas] airway events), and respond very efficiently to your method of breathing that is very similar to Cheyne-Stokes…that’s my humble opinion Smile

Update on my status and the issues I brought up before.

First, the treatment is successful. I generally feel lots better in the morning. I had two weeks vacation away from electricity and about 1/2 the mornings I was back to being concussed with spinny things in front of my eyes when I woke - and felt awful. So that alone says to me that the device is working.

SD Card write: a new machine arrived a few weeks later and since then I've had no issues writing to the memory card, so I guess it was an issue with the rental.

I'm tossing and turning quite a bit while I sleep and the mask must upset me because about 30% of nights I take the thing off while I'm asleep, only to wake a few hours later to put it back on. Also sometimes I wake and the hose has torn loose from the mask. I'm about to order my third headstrap, the stretchy wears out.

AHI is averaging 2.1 over last 6 months. Clear airway is 1.1, hypopnia is 0.7.

I feel like the current aircurve 10 vauto machine itself is fine for me. Is just so gentle to breath out, I love it. For me it was a massive upgrade from the airsense 11 vauto I had before - that thing was a torture device for me where I couldn't breathe out.

Heading to europe for 5 weeks, some camping but you bet I'm bringing the device to use when there's power. I'm tempted to buy a 12v adapter but then I'd need to manage a separate car battery and there is no obvious way to keep it charged.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's great to hear you're doing well! Enjoy your travels.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wondering if you drape your tube from above, so it can allow you to move freely when you turn..? For eg: I drape my tube over the bed head down towards the pillow so I can turn my face side to side with minimal tube drag on the mask. 
My headgear on ResMed masks (I also have an F30 which I use when I have nasal congestion) lasts me around 8-12 months, which I think is pretty usual. Is there any chance it’s too tight, and wearing out prematurely..? I also wash it in warm soapy water each few days using plain dishwashing detergent which can prolong the lifespan, drying away from sun and artificial heat sources, pressing it with a towel and hanging on a hook (without wringing).
There are little connector pieces that are made by Fisher & Paykel called universal CPAP tube adapters which work well in the end of the tube to plug the mask swivel in to…I have IPAP Max of 35cm, most of the time IPAP sitting between 27-34cm, so my tube will blow off the mask swivel without it. 
I used to go camping with my AVAPS using an inverter, deep cycle battery, and foldable solar panel mobile charging station attached to the roof of the vehicle when it was stationary or driving at lower speeds to recharge the battery (which used to last me two nights, due to its capacity and peak draw of the AVAPS - which was mostly the humidifier - fluctuating throughout the night). ResMed sell batteries (they’re very small) which you can link together and use in  series to power a machine (use in series needs a separate little connector, and to plug to the machine needs a separate cable)…they have the info on their web site. Just in case you’d prefer to have the machine on while you’re away from a grid (mains power).  Would you be happy to share a snapshot of data..? I recall that sometimes if there was a bit of fine-tuning needed with settings, some patients whom I worked with in the past would wake without the mask similarly to what you’re experiencing…
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 547 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,487 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,327 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.