Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Post-radiation changes... help requested
RE: Post-radiation changes... help requested
I'm basing my question on an AC10's configuration options.   Does your S9 have a Trigger setting?   If it does, and it is set to the default of Medium, try setting it to High.  If it is set to High, then bump it up to Very High.  This should aid in reducing the CAs.

How do you feel on the new settings?
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning, Crimson Nape. Thanks for your response.

It does have trigger settings. I just changed the setting to high.

I feel quite compromised today. The new settings nearly doubled the central events but we needed some data. I've been adjusting the settings over the past month or so, see attachment, trying to reduce the central events, but there are settings and data that I don't understand. The best results I have achieved so far was an AHI of 0.73 over a four-day period setting it up as a straight CPAP at a pressure of 16.6

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
When you had it set to the static pressure, did you feel better?  Feeling good and a low AHI are 2 separate parameters.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, I didn't feel good at those numbers.... better, but not good. That's why I'm here. I've been setting my own pressure since the late 90s and I've had the S9 since 2012. On the S9, and before the CA showed up, a good night was 0.3 AHI or less. I was getting those numbers better than half of the time. I felt a bit foggy in the 0.5 to 0.8 range, and anything over 0.8 was a bad night. Now, nearly every night is over 0.8, and the events have switched from almost entirely obstructive events to almost entirely central.
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to ask, what are your Ti Min and Ti Max values?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
TI Max: 2.0
TI Min: 0.3

And I don't have a clue how to set them.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the Ti Min is too long or the Ti Max is too short, it can make for a very BAD night. The Ti Min controls how long it must provide IPAP pressure before it will allow it to drop to the EPAP pressure. Likewise, the Ti Max sets the maximum time limit it will allow the S9 to remain at the IPAP pressure. I would leave the Ti Min alone, but would increase the Ti Max to at least 3.0 - 3.2. This will give you some wiggle room for a comfortable, slow inhale without chopping off mid-breath.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I think changing the trigger sensitivity to high is enough changes for now. Your chart looks very good and the CA events appear to be pauses in breathing during changes in sleep stage, but we can look at a zoom of a few events to see how they evolve. You mentioned that the lower pressure felt "strange", so the follow-up to that is strange good or strange bad? I'm sure it may take some time to become accustomed to the new levels, but they certainly did not increase obstructive events. Based on comparison to your Resmed chart, the flow limitations appear much lower and leaks have improved. 95% flow limits were 0.07 and that is acceptable, however we could drive that lower with more pressure support. I don't want to introduce pressure support too aggressively with the CA events present. We can't compare respiratory statistics, but you are showing good tidal volume and minute vents with a relatively slow/normal respiration rate. The flow rate chart does not have a lot of spikes that might suggest arousal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks for your help, gentlemen.

Strange good or strange bad... for the last quarter of a century at high pressure, I really didn't have to make much of an effort to inhale. When I stopped exhaling, the machine kind of fed me a breath. Last night, that wasn't the case. I was conscious, at least at first, of the need to draw a breath. At such a low pressure, the machine almost felt like it was turned off. 

Subjectively, I'd say that last night was the worst night I've had in quite a while. That was my first impression when I awoke. I tried to do some physical work in the yard but was quickly fatigued, and I'm just not all here. I'm making silly mistakes. But I'm here to learn and you folks are quite sharp. So what's your recommendation for tonight? Other than the tweaks to the trigger setting and TI Max, the same settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
I understand what you're experiencing.  I've been at my pressure for so long, I can no longer feel if it is on, until I feel my mask exhaust.  You shouldn't feel that way.  If you feel uncomfortable, try increasing the IPAP to 8.0 and try that. You don't need to suffer on our account.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 8 125 1 hour ago
Last Post: DKane
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,898 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,825 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 169 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 270 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
  [CPAP] New User Struggling - PSG and CPAP Data Post PSG1 4 2,114 01-08-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.