Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Posting screenshot of sleepyhead
RE: Posting screenshot of sleepyhead
Sleep-well I think you're pretty close to getting this down where it belongs. Most importantly, it needs to make you feel comfortable and rested.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2017, 02:01 PM)AlanE Wrote: Just to add a bit of a helpful tip for taking SH screenshots, pressing the sequence F11, F12, F11 gives the best results. F11 toggles full screen mode. Also SH should be on your main monitor if you have dual monitors.

Just realized what you meant. There is just so much to this... all of it.
I am going to use this on the next post.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
For some reason I am not able to get as much information in the shot, on the left 'Daily Sidebar'.
I experienced more leaks last night but tightened the mask and will see how I do tonight.

[Image: screenshot-20170106-072621_zpsmzracsbv.png]

I'm snowed in today, so I am going to research the 'sleepyhead' software
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as not fitting as much information on the left panel, you need to turn off the pie chart by going to File/Preferences/Appearance, and unclicking the pie chart option on the right. That will open up the lower summary fields. It's not that important, but the pie chart is redundant to what is in the color bars above it.

Am I correct that you did not have a clinical titration? The most recent result continues to show an OAI of 8.07 compared to your previous result of 8.81. That's not much improvement, and the machine is nearing its limits of pressure. I'd like to think about other possible causes for your apnea. Do you tend to tuck your chin towards your chest at night? This can often close off the airway, and before we just throw more pressure at this, it might be good to see if we have some other tools available.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got the clinical sleep test, where you wear the belt and all those electrodes hooked up. I had 87 apneas an hour. What I have got is an improvement over what I had but would still like to get it lower. The sleep doctor I used is well known and well hated lol. When you ask him questions, he says: "I'll be back in a minute" and he never returns. I just told his nurse, I wouldn’t be back. I found out after I used him (on the web reviews) that if it didn't work out the first visit or two he would lose interest in you.

Previously, I had went to an ear nose and throat doctor and they went in my nostrils and did something, I just remember it was a bloody mess. He did say that my palette was oversized and that it would hurt like heck if I had it shaved down. I discussed having this surgery with my PC and he said that the surgery still wouldn’t cure the apnea, so I didn’t get the surgery. I have been suspecting all along that this was the problem. The only way to keep the full mask sealed is to sleep on my back. I may try it without a pillow and see if that helps.

Thanks

[Image: screenshot-20170106-120631_zpslpzn9xlj.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you considered nasal pillows? Do you know you would breath through your mouth?

As far as your machine, set it to allow maximum pressure of 20. You just have very persistent OA.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I didnt want to keep you stuck here, when other people are asking for advice, so I waited until I had something to pick your brain about. with the upper range set to 18, I can barely keep the mask on my face. It wakes me up, when it starts leaking. I am going to go back down to 16 and see if it helps.
I tried the pillows once before but had problems exhaling through my nose, because something was closing off in my sinus. Do you know of a place that I can purchase the nasal pillows and head gear at a fair price?

Thanks

PS: I just called the local medical supply here and its $200 for the head gear, mask and pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay... couldnt believe it but I found the ResMed whole setup on amazon for $50!!!
This is as cheap as it gets. I will be back to report after I get the nasal mask in and and use sleepyhead.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck! I think you have a good pressure setup, and the nasal pillows will improve the results, but be sure to change the mask type in your setup. With the high number of obstructive events, it's hard to see an option towards lower pressures, and a lot of people with pressures this high find bilevel more tolerable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can anyone tell me from this screenshot what Oscar is using as my baseline SpO2 level mikep118 13 1,876 11-13-2023, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  F12/Take Screenshot Not Saving Screenshot under Linux? DigitalMan43 4 668 09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Last Post: DigitalMan43
  posting oscar data Julia63 6 887 08-24-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Screenshot display issue syphon101 0 462 09-04-2021, 12:17 PM
Last Post: syphon101
  OSCAR Screenshot Save Fails under Crostini Linux anderson5420 7 931 03-29-2021, 02:57 PM
Last Post: anderson5420
  Take Screenshot F12 (ERROR) BrassCat 10 1,421 04-09-2020, 08:02 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
Question Chart screenshot not quite right? Ockrocket 9 1,095 02-13-2020, 06:49 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.