Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Potty break
Potty break
Its only 2 nights with an APAP but 2 GREAT nights. When I get up to go potty, I turn the unit off (S10 for her - I'm a guy). When I get back 2 minutes later, I turn it on and it starts again at 4. My 2 night average pressure is 8 so I am asleep before it gets back to pressure.

Am I better off just taking off the P10 and letting it blow?

Which affects the statistics less?

It is a great unit but seems like it should have a 'pause' function.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Potty break
I would change the minimum pressure to 8. Also are you using the ramp feature? I would turn it off if you are. It sounds like you are quite comfortable with your avg pressure of 8, so I think you could just tell the machine to do that and be done with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I second what R_G said. You don't seem to need training wheels so why put up with their downside.

Shutting down won't interfere with the data mining, it just gets dubbed as another "mask event." No stigma to that.

You are doing so very well adapting to the therapy that I envy you and am ashamed of how much trouble I had initially. We're all different though... except R_G, he's unique, the same as everyone else, me included.
Post Reply Post Reply
TMI - since my knee surgery, I don't even take my mask off or leave the bed, I have a potty container that I use while still hooked up that I rinse out in the am. Between dogs, chew bones, dog toys - am not yet safe enough to walk through the maze to the bathroom in the dark of the night - leg doesn't work well enough yet.

The added advantage is the sudden whoosh of air does not wake my wife up, plus I go back to sleep easier - just a thought for the older/more lazy members...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine does not score events while ramping up. If you get back to sleep right away, this keeps the machine from reporting potentially bogus events. I always turn mine off but that is primarily because I do not like to let the machine run all out trying to reach the set pressure.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I turn mine off when I get up even for those "2 min" trips. There are times that it goes longer (like when one of the cats leaves a present) so there is no big deal. My machine will restart at the opening starting pressure and I am usually asleep by the time everything gets up to where it was. Been doing this for years, and never heard any complaints.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did I break my P10? ttrani01 3 592 04-07-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: ttrani01
  [Equipment] How should I pause CPAP (ResMed AS11) for a bathroom break? ThinMountainAir 7 12,620 05-14-2022, 04:14 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  Leak Spikes and A Break in Flow blu15 8 1,161 04-21-2022, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [Diagnosis] Here is my Sleep Study - Break it down please. slingshot383 13 2,002 06-04-2020, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Time for a break from CPAP and trying something different vrapche031 5 1,193 05-28-2020, 02:22 AM
Last Post: vrapche031
  Dreamstation burned smell when turning back on after pee break middle of night Kryogen 5 2,193 08-14-2019, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Session break same time every night WiredUp 9 2,086 02-04-2018, 05:03 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.