Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Power Back-ups Please Advise
Power Back-ups Please Advise
Greetings fellow Pappers.

I have a resmed airsense autoset 10. 

I'd like to buy some form of back up power for when we have power failures of any kind in the winter. 

How do I know what will work with my machine?

I know folk used to do their own thing with banks of battery cells but that isn't what I want. 

I see they sell all sorts of back up, claiming to last for a night, or up to three days. 

Can anyone tell me what their experience has been? And if you have the same machine as I have and have a power back up can you say what one you use?

Thanks in advance, We've just moved for my husband's retirement. We have a boatload of stressors in our life right now and I want to be sure at the very least My sleep is as good  as it can be. 

Thank you!
Susan Nye Ferrell
AKA The Manse Hen
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Power Back-ups Please Advise
Hi Susan…this summer I purchased a Zopec Explore 5500. I bought it online from a CPAP company in Southern California along with a solar blanket. We were anticipating blackouts this summer with the high heat. We had a few outages, two during the day and one in the middle of the night. This battery did not lose a beat and kicked in immediately powering my ResMed AS10 for Her. The next morning I didn’t know there was power failure until I looked at my blinking microwave and oven clocks. My neighbor told me the outage lasted approximately one hour.

When I bought it I knew of several people who have various types of power banks and for some reason I felt more comfortable purchasing one from a CPAP company. Yeah, I paid more but am happy with my purchase.
Post Reply Post Reply
I run a APC 1500 UPS. More for line conditioning, but i have found that it has covered some pretty long outages and I never knew it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Susan - You need to further define your needs and wants. Things like, how long do you need it to provide power, size considerations, and if it will be stationary or will be needed for travel, are some of the things that will determine the best bang for your buck.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Golabs r300 with a dc to dc converter cord both bought on Amazon. With my airsense 10
with the humidifier turned off but with water in tank I can get 4 nights at 8 hrs a night with 11% of the battery left. Golabs weight is 8 lbs. It’s on sale at at Amazon for $200 now. It’s also uses the Lipo battery technology. Great setup IMO.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2021, 09:01 AM)mrmagloo Wrote: I run a APC 1500 UPS. More for line conditioning, but i have found that it has covered some pretty long outages and I never knew it.

Is there some trick to turning off the alarm? Every UPS I have used wouldn't have been needed, since I'm not going to sleep with a screaming alarm!
Post Reply Post Reply
With APC, it is a hit or miss about having a alarm disable feature. CyberPower has a specific disable button. The CyberPower's battery life is about 2- to 3 times longer than the APC's. The only downside, and this critique is dependent on its intended purpose, is the APC can have the batteries hot-swapped and the CyberPower can not. This is not a concern if it is being used on a CPAP and not a server. I just thought I'd mention it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought myself a MaxOak Bluetti EB150 after researching the DC options for my CPAP machine. The ResMed DC adapters use a 12V accessory jack which my battery backup has.
The power draw for my AirMini is around 3-6 Watts, so I am expecting about 250 hours of use or 31 nights from the 1500Wh battery, before charging. It should be good for multiple nights without power.
The UPS surge/battery backup has a silence button. It's an APC 1500VA model BX1500M.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Go with the gold standard and get a whole house generator.  The piece of mind is amazing whenever inclement weather is coming.
Post Reply Post Reply
APC absolutely has a silent mode.  And, most of the common UPS's have relatively standard capacities.  An APC 1500 will last under the same wattage load the same as the Cyberpower 1500, as they use the same SLA batteries.  I've got a ton of these things and for the most part, they are very comparable regarding performance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,971 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 180 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 521 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 934 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 401 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 294 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.