Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Power Outage.........HELP!
Power Outage.........HELP!
We just had a major hail storm that came through and lost power. When it came back on my CPAP machine was beeping and now is showing a "service required" alert. Won't even work at all! HLEP!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Power Outage.........HELP!
Unplug the machine and wait a few minutes before turning back on. This should reboot the machine.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What Opal said. If that doesn't work, disconnect the humidifier, unplug and reboot. (This will isolate the fault in the unlikely event that the humidifier is the problem).
Post Reply Post Reply
Neither worked! Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
Any CPAP should survive a normal power outage without any problem. It sounds like perhaps there was a surge when the power was restored, and that could have damaged it. We rarely have an outage caused by weather around here, but I think it's a good idea to unplug sensitive electrical devices if possible whenever there's an outage for any cause.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2016, 07:40 PM)SylviaT Wrote: Neither worked! Huhsign

In that case, my guess is you had a power surge which fried a component. Do you have a spare power supply brick? If so, swap that out first. Otherwise it's a trip to your friendly local DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2016, 07:46 PM)Jim Bronson Wrote: Any CPAP should survive a normal power outage without any problem. It sounds like perhaps there was a surge when the power was restored, and that could have damaged it. We rarely have an outage caused by weather around here, but I think it's a good idea to unplug sensitive electrical devices if possible whenever there's an outage for any cause.

I would have had I been here. We came home and it was beeping and now I guess a nights sleep without it tonight! Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:We just had a major hail storm that came through and lost power.

I can relate.

Here in lightning capital of the USA, we had a strike this past Monday that wiped out a list of electronics and gave my wife a bit of a mild tingle on her fingers. My CPAP survived. I'm buying a UPS for the machine and a spare power adapter.

I lost a cheap soho switch, a module for a core switch, the power adapter for a cable box, an UPS attached to my wife's computers, some Cat5e wiring in the wall/attic fried, a patch cable, an alarm clock, LED controller for my lanai lights, an electronic lock and the power adapter for it. Fun!

My house has a whole-house surge but it is useless when lightning hits on or near the house.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
SylviaT,
Possibly they will replace your machine since it is under warranty.

I use surge protectors on all electronics, including Cpap machine. I knew we would have bad weather today, so I just turned the surge protector to off just to play safe while I was gone.
We tend to get hit with power outages in our area, so better to play safe.

Try to sleep on your side since you will be without a machine tonight. Or if you have a recliner, that would help.

Good luck.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SylviaT,
I'm sorry to hear about your machine. Since you haven't had it that long, I would get in touch with the DME and let them know what happened and get it exchanged.
Good luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,793 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 231 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,437 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 406 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirCurve power problem Shamus54 10 981 10-30-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Shamus54
  Resmed Airsense 11 blowing full power with no leaks bcodemz 2 871 10-29-2023, 07:57 PM
Last Post: bcodemz
  [Equipment] Portable Backup Power for Outages Craige 4 571 10-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Craige

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.