Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Power issue with Airsense 10
Power issue with Airsense 10
Hello all,

New to the forums, been reading and searching on this forum as well as others about a problem I'm having but can't seem to find anything about the particular issue I'm having (or I'm just not that good with searching).

Backstory:

- Was diagnosed with SA late 2015, received a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Dec of 2015. Been using it since, only had one issue where I had to replace the power brick and cord. Got the machine when I was living in California, now living in Italy. Currently do not have insurance to have the machine checked out/replaced.

Last night I put my mask on as usual, but it did not automatically kick on when I took a few breaths. Looked over at the machine, and the screen was not on, but the "START / POWER / STOP" buttons at the top are illuminated in green. The power brick itself has the green light, indicating it is working and is warm to the touch. I've unplugged the machine at all points and plugged it back in, even used different outlets but still the same situation. 

Am I pretty much SOL, and have to get a new machine? If so, does anyone recommend any particular sites?

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Power issue with Airsense 10
Look at Supplier #2 or Supplier #33 both will ship internationally which will likely be more cost effective than buying in country even with any additional duty
Post Reply Post Reply
My DreamStation did exactly that (but with a blank white screen) after a little over a year. I sent it back to my DME and they replaced it free of charge. I don't know if that helps you at all, being in Italy.
Post Reply Post Reply
The power adapter is the most common cause of power failure. The green light is not proof of function, and the first thing you should do is to test the unit on a new or known good power supply. Power can also fail if the outlet is faulty or has loose "slips" that hold the plug in place. The Resmed machines are very sensitive to the power source and even require a third low voltage signal in addition to power to show the power supply is the proprietary Resmed. I have replaced power supplies and keep a spare available. You have previously replaced a power supply, so you know that is likely the source of failure.

Supplier #2 and 33 both ship internationally and have very good prices.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 37 7 hours ago
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,375 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 104 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.