Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PowerShell Stopped Working Message Keeps Popping Up
The other day, Windows did an update. I have Windows 8 (not 8.1). Since then, I keep getting this message that says PowerShell has stopped working. I have never used PowerShell and this just started happening since the update. I can't see where there are any complaints about this and I can't see a patch for it. Any suggestions?
Sounds like something is running it as either a startup or scheduled task.

You might try downloading Autoruns.exe from Microsoft's SysInternals site. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysin...s/bb963902

It might not find it, but there is a very good chance.

You might need to use the "User" menu to check various 'users' (don't know why they don't have an 'All').

On the File menu is a place to Save, and you can pull down the filetype to change to text which can easily be searched with a text editor or findstr.exe (looking for PowerShell.)

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
From Google for 'powershell"

Quote:Windows PowerShell is a task automation and configuration management framework from Microsoft, consisting of a command-line shell and associated scripting language built on the .NET Framework.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional. My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."

Sorry, I thought that was obvious. Windows 7 and above comes with PowerShell, a replacement for the old (DOS-like) command prompt (cmd.exe).

PowerShell is also a scripting language (besides being a new command prompt.)

So startup and scheduled tasks might be run as a PowerShell executable (which then executes a script.)
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] Greek healthcare system collapses, hospital workers now working without pay SuperSleeper 25 6,013 12-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Help, Office 2013 Pro stopped working justMongo 10 1,886 07-11-2014, 01:56 PM
Last Post: justMongo