Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pre-bed face wash - advice
Pre-bed face wash - advice
Bit of a random topic here asking for beauty tips haha but does anyone have recommendations for what they use for their pre-bed face wash (please no smart ass comments like soap and water I’m being genuine). 

I use a Resmed f20 Airfit and I tend to get quite greasy/oily skin occur during the night so I find the silicone then wants to just slide around. That along with the humidified air doesn’t help with seal etc and comfort.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pre-bed face wash - advice
I have greasy skin also. I use rubbing alcohol to wipe down my face. Just where the mask seals for the most part if I’m using full face. If I’m using pillows I basically do the same thing on the area where the tape goes. Works well, the silicone really grips my skin so I can back off on the tension of the straps. Overnight the oil comes back to a certain extent but I have minimal leaks. It doesn’t dry out my face either.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
I switched from alcohol swabs to Witch Hazel.  Use my wifes cotton makeup removal type pads (the round ones) and toss it.  Been working pretty good for me.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Skip the alcohol and use Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser. There are other formulas and all are pretty highly regarded by dermatologists. I think it is worth reading what the manufacturer says about this skin type and proper care https://www.cetaphil.com/us/article/a-gu...ation-skin
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2019, 12:49 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Skip the alcohol and use Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser.  There are other formulas and all are pretty highly regarded by dermatologists. I think it is worth reading what the manufacturer says about this skin type and proper care https://www.cetaphil.com/us/article/a-gu...ation-skin

I’ve used every cleanser for oily skin there is and then put my mask on. It always ends up slipping. Alcohol get rid of it for long enough and lessens its  return and doesn’t dry my skin out even in this colder weather in NY. I may give witch hazel a shot though. I’m a greasy Italian as my Italian girl so eloquently puts it lol
Post Reply Post Reply
And I take it no one has had any problems with the alcohol damaging their masks silicone as I know a lot of them say not to use alcohol when cleaning
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2019, 01:00 PM)Davidacarrick Wrote: And I take it no one has had any problems with the alcohol damaging their masks silicone as I know a lot of them say not to use alcohol when cleaning

I don’t use alcohol on my masks just my face. The cpap wipes takes it off my masks
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish I could remember the product's name, but this subject was discussed about 6 months ago here on AB I think. Someone said they used a facial cleanser that removed excess oil and when it dried it left your skin tacky, which assisted in mask staying put.

I don't seem to need to prep my face with cleansers, so I guess that's why I forgot the details.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I need to cleanse my nose before applying my bleep mask I wipe it over with some purell on a cotton pad, and allow to dry.
Post Reply Post Reply
I usually use alcohol and I also have oily skin. I think I will try both the cetaphil and witch hazel (not at the same time). both of them seem better on the skin than alcohol.

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 295 4 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 172 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 863 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,799 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.