Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pre calibrated machine question (mask setting)
Pre calibrated machine question (mask setting)
Just received my machine yesterday that they said was already calibrated. It's a resmed air autoset 10, my mask is an eson nasal mask but the mask setting on the machine is set to pillows. Is this just a mistake by whomever calibrated the machine? Thx!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pre calibrated machine question (mask setting)
Yes. Just change it to nasal.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay will do. This is the first mask of any type I've ever tried. I'm a nose breather, how are the pillows compared to the mask? They certainly seem more convenient. Is there a consensus or is it just personal preference between mask and pillows? Thx!
Post Reply Post Reply
Question and a statement. I have a Dreamstation Auto Bipap machine. The mask settings on the machine are 1x,2x,3x, and 4x. The statement is that the machine would automatically give me the flow I required based on my breathing. I tend to disagree.

Then they said the masks from Philips Respironics would marks the correct setting on the masks.  NOT SO. On my Dream Wear I use 3x and on my optilife nasal pillows (medium) 4x. Can anyone tell me if this is correct?
Post Reply Post Reply
2 posts to read
How to achieve the perfect mask fit - GUARANTEED  an oldy but goody.

and a more recent one.
My Mask Primer  this is a work in progress
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi doctorb  Welcome

The P-R masks that I have used came with the leakage setting information on a product sheet enclosed with the mask. I hope this will prove useful.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, doctorb. Welcome to the forum.

The owner's manual for the Dream Wear recommends a setting of x1 for all sizes. The owner's manual for the Optilife recommends a setting of x2 for the medium pillows.

Mitch
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2017, 03:05 PM)JohnnyGobbs Wrote: Okay will do. This is the first mask of any type I've ever tried. I'm a nose breather, how are the pillows compared to the mask? They certainly seem more convenient. Is there a consensus or is it just personal preference between mask and pillows? Thx!

Most things with masks are personal preference depending on how they fit you and how they affect your treatment. You are right, the pillows are a lot more convenient than most other masks. Since you aren't a mouth breather it might be good to try a pillow mask before settling on a nasal mask. I would recommend trying the Respironics P10. It is one of the quietest, most comfortable masks out there.

Good luck with finding the right mask. It is one of the hardest things about CPAP.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2017, 03:49 PM)doctorb Wrote: Question and a statement. I have a Dreamstation Auto Bipap machine. The mask settings on the machine are 1x,2x,3x, and 4x. The statement is that the machine would automatically give me the flow I required based on my breathing. I tend to disagree.

Then they said the masks from Philips Respironics would marks the correct setting on the masks.  NOT SO. On my Dream Wear I use 3x and on my optilife nasal pillows (medium) 4x. Can anyone tell me if this is correct?

The mask resistance settings are not changed automatically by the machine but the operating pressure should be changed by the machine within the limits that are set for it. It is the pressure that the machine changes to help your breathing which also changes the flow. What is it that you are disagreeing with?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Two questions:

Regarding trying other masks/pillows, who do I contact to do this (my doctor, the company, my insurance??) not sure of the protocol.

Also, my machine has gotten loud during inhales (found a prior thread about the air sense 10 doing this). So same question, who do I take this conplaint to? Thx!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,011 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 110 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 810 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 277 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 465 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 846 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 404 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.