Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pre calibrated machine question (mask setting)
RE: Pre calibrated machine question (mask setting)
When I first read your post, it made me laugh because around here 'precalibrated' means that it was dropped, often from a height. Smile

If your Airsense is loud, check the seals in the humidifier. Usually something is bent. The only noise I get is from my mask. Both my Airsense machines are silent. Any machine complaints should go to the place where you bought the machine.

As for masks, technically, your DME is supposed to help you choose masks. Many let you switch to other masks within 30 days, so if you don't like your mask, go on back and find out the policy. I have a collection of masks - I seem to be between sizes. I loved the Airfit P10, but it's just a little too tight for my head and was bruising my nose. My go to mask is the Dreamwear followed by Swift FX (which preceeded the Airfit). I also had a couple I bought online (some have free return if you don't like) and two full face masks that were thrown in with the used machine I bought (used for when I had a bad cold). I've had a machine for under 2 years, so it doesn't take long to acquire a collection.
Post Reply Post Reply
So my insurance is covering this and I'm undergoing compliance or whatever where they're monitoring my data but I can just contact resmed and say "hey my machine is making noise and I'd like to try this specific mask" and that's how it works? Thx!
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, I believe I experienced "rainout". Ive beeen using my machine without the humidifier but I tried the humidifier last night and woke up to gurgling and water and a really high pressure. I'm using the climate line hose too which I thought prevented this. I have both the humidifier and the climate line set on auto.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2017, 12:38 AM)OJohnnyGobbs Wrote: Two questions:

Regarding trying other masks/pillows, who do I contact to do this (my doctor, the company, my insurance??) not sure of the protocol.

Also, my machine has gotten loud during inhales (found a prior thread about the air sense 10 doing this). So same question, who do I take this conplaint to? Thx!

First, check with your insurance coverage.  When you say "the company", do you mean your supplier or DME?  A DME should allow you to try out a couple different masks during the first 
30 days.  You will need to call and ask. 

Take your machine to your DME/supplier.  It should be under warranty.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My A10 autoset is silent, and I don't get rainout when set to Auto. Seems to me you may have a lemon, and I would advise checking with whomever supplied your machine. Also, ask about trying different masks - some good advice above. I tried about 7 before I found the Wisp and the Nuance. This therapy is hard enough, and it is worse if your mask is not comfy. There are dozens if not hundreds of different masks, and certainly one or more will suit you - but you have to do the work to find it.

Compliance is a fancy word for "we're not sure you're gonna use it, so we want to provide the minimum essential until you prove us wrong". I went through hell getting replacement cushions during my compliance period! But that is now done. Smile

Best of Luck!
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2017, 02:49 PM)JohnnyGobbs Wrote: So my insurance is covering this and I'm undergoing compliance or whatever where they're monitoring my data but I can just contact resmed and say "hey my machine is making noise and I'd like to try this specific mask" and that's how it works? Thx!

No, you contact the people who supplied you with the machine.  Repairs are covered under warranty.  They can also help you with a mask.

As for rainout, the temperature sensor is on the end of the hose by your mask. Make sure that isn't covered by your blankets.  If you are still having trouble, then I would switch to manual and reduce your humidity.  The auto works in most environments, but I've had times of the year where the auto doesn't work so well, so I have to go to manual and adjust it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,004 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 110 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 810 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 277 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 462 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 846 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 404 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.